Alabama Babies
Options

Stupid dr's and my poor baby....

So, Jenna woke up with a raging fever around midnight last night.  She's also had this junky cough for the past few nights.  I called the pedi, but our regular dr didn't have anything today, so we saw someone else.  Well, she starts SCREAMING the minute the dr comes to listen to her chest.  Bottom line, the dr. says she has a pretty bad ear infection.  I ask about the chest congestion and he says he didn't hear any.  I'm wondering how he would have heard when she was screaming bloody murder.  I mean, I don't need a stethoscope to hear her congestion.

But, because I'm a moron, I just let it go.  I figured she's getting an antibiotic anyway, so I hope that will help.  But I'm pissed that I left not feeling like he addressed her congestion...  Now she's taking a nap and I keep hearing her cough : (  Ugh.....

Re: Stupid dr's and my poor baby....

• Options

poor baby.  the good news is that many times congestion will be a secondary symptom of ear infections (how the hell that works, I'll never know) so when the ear infection goes away, so will the cough/congestion). 

In the meantime you might consider putting vicks on her feet and putting socks on her.  It's supposed to help a cough.

• Options
    Bless her heart!  I hope the meds work and she feels better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks Sarah!  He did say that about the congestion coming w/the ear infection, I just don't know how on earth he didn't hear that she had any, kwim???  I think that's what was weird to me...

I've had the humidifier running and the Vick's Vapoplug (or whatever it's called) in her room.  I'll probably end up using the baby vicks on her tonight too.  I don't know how she's getting any decent sleep with how much she's coughing : (  I hope the antibiotics help soon!!

• Options

I just replied on FB too, but...

Sounds like we are dealing with alot of the same stuff with our babies!  Caleb just had a stomach virus last week and I was soooo glad to be done with that and then he gets this awful hacking cough and runny nose.  Poor baby woke up at 4 am coughing his little lungs out last night.  Went to the Dr today and he said it seems like Croup so they are treating it like it is.  I figure we caught it so early so it's not full blown Croup, but would turn into that if I waited, ya know.  Anyway, he'll be on a steroid for 3 days and he said to give him Benadryl at bedtime to help with the runny nose.  However, the Benadryl box says do not give to children under 2.  So, that worries me a little!

I'm also going to try the Vicks on the feet tonight.  I heard it really works!

Hope Jenna gets better soon.  I know it's sooo miserable!

• Options
    So sorry that baby girl is sick!!
  • Options
    Poor thing! I hope she feels better soon!
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Poor Jenna!!  I hope she's feeling better soon! 
  • Options
    Feel better soon Jenna!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"