Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Post d & c

I had my D & C Thursday.  I was feeling ok since then, but taking it easy.  Today I went back to work.  I am all sorts of bloated and my tummy just feels sore iwth cramps here and there...I am also finding myself constipated...Is this normal?  Any suggestions?  Why is this so not fun, I was hoping electing for the d & c would make it better? :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Post d & c

• Options

I actually had my D&C the exact same day!  It sucks there's no other way to put it!  I have been having a hard time pooing too.  Sorry no other way to put it.  I think it's because of the meds they gave me.  They gave me Lortab for pain and I've taken it a couple of nights and I think that might be the problem.  Try a Fiber One bar or coffee or something that usually helps you have a bowel movement. 

I also elected for the D&C and I've heard that the side effects are much less physically than m/c naturally.  I was bloated today as well and I've heard it gets better day by day as your body realizes it's no longer pregnant. 

I just wanted to also tell you that I am so so sorry for your loss.  There are no words to make you feel any better and I feel your pain.  I am so angry at every pregnant teenage girl at the high school I work at, I could scream.  Please feel free to PM, or page me if you would like to chat.  I can lend an ear or a virtual hug!  I hope you feel better int he coming days!

• Options

I had a D&C last October.  I can tell you that I was crampy for almost two weeks afterwards.  I was bloated too.  That is completely normal.  I dont remember being constipated, but Im sure that is normal..  Your body has been through alot.  It takes awhile for it to get back to "normal".

Best wishes for a quick recovery..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    first, I am so sorry for your loss.  I had my d&c on Friday and was feeling ok over the weekend.  I also was taking it easy - my FI wouldn't let me get out of bed for anything :)  He's at work today, and I'm home alone (being unemployed really stinks!).  I think I did too much walking around - I have really bad cramping, and gas (sorry - TMI).  AS for the constipation, it could be pain medicine - if you're taking any.  I would recommend apple juice for that - it always seemed to work for me.  I hope you get to feeling better soon!  I'm looking forward to moving on  as well. 
  • Options

The third day after my  D&C, I was very bloated and uncomfortable. My cramps were just off and on. I was constipated as well, I think in my case it was because of the pain killers that I had taken. They were tylenol 3 with codiene. I do not know if you are taking anything or maybe it is from what they give you in the hospital. I have stopped taking the pills and I have no problem going since. It has been a week since the procedure, and I have had no cramps and just a spot here and there for the past 2 days.

If you have any concern whatsoever taht just doesn't feel right, I would suggest giving the doctor's office a call and just letting them know what is going on.  Good luck, my thoughts are with you, it is going to take some time for your body to heal itself

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss.  It just takes some time for your body to get back to normal.
    7 mm/c
    APS, hetero factor v leiden & MTHFR
    bfp #1 - 12.11.07, edd 8.14.08, mm/c 1.21.08 (10w4d)
    bfp #2 - 4.4.08, edd 12.3.08, mm/c 5.14.08 (11w)
    bfp #3 - 8.3.08, edd 4.15.09, mm/c 9.17.08 (10w)
    bfp #4 - 1.15.09, edd 9.26.09, mm/c 2.16.09 (8w2d)
    bfp #5 - 6.16.09, edd 2.25.10, mm/c 7.23.09 (9w)
    bfp #6 - 8.12.10, edd 4.27.11, mm/c 9.16.10 (8w1d)
    one more try -> bfp #7 - 2.11, our miracle baby boy arrived 10.11
    ttc again -> bfp #8 - 5.3.13, edd 1.13.14, mm/c 5.30.13 (7w3d)
    bfp #9 - 9.23.13, our miracle baby girl arrived 5.29.14

• Options
    My stomach is screwed up already, so there were no surprises there. I did have some cramping, so I took some Motrin. I hope you feel better soon
  • Options

The pain meds, and the anesthesia (sp) slow down your bowels.  You need to take a stool softener... I got really constipated for 3 days after.  Took a stool softener and was back in business:)  The experience sucks - but this part is easily remedied....

• Options
    Thanks ladies!  What would I do without this site? :) You always make me feel better about things...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"