North Carolina Babies
Options

When you go out alone with baby...

Do you get a shopping cart and leave DC in the car until you have the cart ready? Same with returning the cart? I am not sure if I should take her out of the car, carry the carseat to the cart, or bring the cart to her.

I did something REALLY terrible at Target today. She was screaming bloody murder, so I ditched the cart in a parking spot and drove off. Well, it rolled and gently rested against the car next to me and a woman in another car got out and moved it and shot me the dirtiest look ever as I was driving off. I felt terrible but I didn't know what else to do with a screaming child and car full of stuff. Ugg.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When you go out alone with baby...

• Options

I hate putting the carrier in the cart but I know I have to sometimes. I usually get him out and get a cart from the lot or inside whichever comes first.

If I am just browsing and only picking up a few things I take his stroller in and use a basket and his stroller to carry the things i need.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When dd was still in her carrier I would try to park close to the cart return if I was going to need a cart. That way I could sort of leave her in the car but I was right there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I usually park close to the cart return so that I don't have to go far. I have two now, so it's a little different...I always put my two year old in first because she has the highest chance of getting away from me if my back is turned. Then I put the baby's carrier in, then the stuff, then return the cart.

Going in the store, I always carry the carrier inside and get a cart there.

• Options

I tried to park near the cart return if I needed a cart.  Now, if I have to walk far to the return - it depends on the weather and Ben's mood - but I have put him in the car, locked the doors and then walked the cart back to the return.

• Options

I usually try to park close to a cart return, and leave DS in the car while I get the cart ready.  And then put him in the car first and then return the cart.  Especially once we started using the convertible carseat and I have to put the shopping cart cover on, there's no way I could do that one handed.

Sometimes I use the stroller instead, and still leave him in the car while I get everything ready and then put him in last.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"