Preemies
Options

Anyone ttc or pregnant again?

Are you worried about having another preemie?? What will you do differently with your next pregnancy?

I just got a BFP last week. I am so excited, but I am so nervous. With DS, who was born at 31 weeks 6 days, I had the easiest pregnancy, until my water broke so early. I even jogged the day before I went into labor. So now my big change is no jogging at all, no travel in the last tri since DS was born while on vacation, and more relaxation. I hope all that helps but I can't help but be worried.?

Re: Anyone ttc or pregnant again?

• Options

We are ttc this year and if we are not pg by July, I will get back on metformin as I have pcos too and took it to conceive DS. My ob talked to us at our 6 week pp appointment and said I would be monitored much closer.  I was misdated so she said she'd want an earlier u/s and I may have to be on at least modified bedrest sooner.  

• Options

I'm not PG or TTC but I can speak for the worry.  I found myself PG with #2 when DD was 7 months old.  She came at 26w3d.  Up until the point I delivered her I had a very easy preganacy.  With #2 I was watched more closely and had the 17P injections from week 16 - 36.  My son came at 37 weeks.  I did take it much easier with my 2nd pg.  I wanted to make sure that he would stay put.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am. I am watching my diet more and avoiding things that could possible raise my bp. I also have a better idea of what pre-e signs to look for. I am also taking additional calcium suppliments and magnisium suppliments to try to prevent it from happening again. Otherwise, there isn't much I can do. I just pray to make it full term this time.?
  • Options
    MCGMKMCGMK member
    I had DS at 25 weeks due to incompetent cervix.  With this pregnancy, I had a permament cerclage done at 15 weeks.  I've been on strict/modified bed rest ever since.  I have an ultrasound once a week to check my cervical length.  I'll be 25 weeks on Wednesday so.....so far so good.  I still worry that I'll have another preemie, but I know her chances are better every day I carry her. 
  • Options

We're not sure if we will have another baby because my pregnancy was pretty rough and I had some complications.  But my dr told me, (as she was stitching me up!) that with the next one, I will have cervical checks every 4 weeks and will probably be put on bedrest for the 3rd tri.  I'm at a higher risk for pre-e because of blood thinners I have to be on during pregnancy.  And I was 5 cm dialated and wasn't feeling contractions.  Everything happened so quickly, she doesn't want it to happen again! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have been ttc for almost a year (and had 2 miscarriages in between) I am super worried about it. I had pre-e, doctors keep telling me most people only get it once, but that doesn't ease my fears AT ALL.  I just pray first of all to get pregnant, second for a healthy baby, and third for a full term baby.  Not much more i can do as there really isn't anything, no cure for pre-e... so I TRY not to think about it so much now... if that makes sense.
  • Options
    I am, I had GD and PROM the first time around and this time around I have changed Ob's and went with a high risk Ob. I'm hoping to get past 37 weeks.
  • Options
    I am trying. My baby is 6 mos old and we want another asap. I am super worried because our little one was born severe iugr and I am so nervous this will happen again. I was under a tremendous amount of stress with my old boss and honestly, i think this was the cause. He put me thru hell, smoking near me and just being a total as*. He had not consideration for me at all and I was an emotional wreck at the end. to the point of sever pains down my legs at work and tightening tummy feeling. I am still worried, but I have made some life changes and will be home and not working thru the whole pregnancy. H hopes I have twins!!
  • Options
    We are TTC. I would not say I am worried but I am aware that the likelihood of a second premature birth is likely. I have a shortened cervix. DS was born at 33w 6d so in my mind I think about if I get PG this month my EDD would be 12-31 but could expect baby #2 as early as Halloween. I am going to try not to stress about it but I also feel way more prepared. It was such a shock last time when my water broke.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am pregnant again. I had Ethan at 27 weeks and am nervous about pre-e again but like others said am being monitored closer. I am praying a lot. But it is hard not to be nervous.... I have lost weight, exercised, and am eating better. I have a great relationship with my dr. and first sign of BP going up - I will be on bed rest... hopefully that will not happen. But I know that all will be ok and having a second child is worth the risk. Good luck - and you're right try not to stress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"