Alabama Babies
Options

wish we could just start TTC NOW.... (vent)

DH woudl be all for this of course.  BUT we analyzed our insurance last year to see which was the best option and we stayed on our ind ones and mine is PPO, which would cost me thousands to have a baby this year if I were to get pregnant now and possibility of giving birth in Dec....... and we had talked about that so we decided we'd wait til I'd give birth in 2010, so that we could switch our insurance and it only cost a $100-200......

So this past weekend AF came and it was HORRIBLE, like back to when I was a teenager kinda  horrible.  I had to lay in bed for a few hours yesterday morning w/a heating pad on me.  I was in pain.  And of course DH can't relate at all.  ha.

BUT I will say I haven't had any migraines since getting off BCP.

I know we're ready but ugh, I hate that we have had to figure this out b/c of insurance.  Also, I don't know that I'd want to be pregnant while we are in Italy.......

ok, sorry for the rambling, just had to get that out!!!!

Re: wish we could just start TTC NOW.... (vent)

• Options

It is frustrating sometimes trying to figure out the timing.  I remember last year about this time when we were figuring out when to start and it ended up that we started trying a month earlier than we planned.

As for insurance purposes at least next month would be a Jan baby but I can understand not really wanting to be in the early stages of pregnancy in Italy.  I have been totally exhausted and even though luckily I haven't thrown up (knocking on wood) I have had that lovely all day nausea and food aversions.  Italy is not where I'd want to experience that.  

I know you are ready and if you decide to stick to your original timeline then hopefully the time will pass quickly!  

• Options

Thanks Candi, and you're SO right.  yeah, I do NOT want to be in Italy w/the beg stages of a pregnancy.  We are going to start TTC at the end of April but I'm sure it will take us a little bit.  We have like a 6-8 month window to work with and if I'm not pregnant by then we'll talk to the doctor and figure it out w/Brad's schedule.  So I have faith, it's just not fun til then!!!!  ha.

Glad you haven't gotten sick!!!!

Oh and trust me Brad keeps saying "but next month would be a Jan baby" uh duh (to him), he's so ready.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hang in there, K!  It's really good you figured out your insurance now instead of later. Our open enrollment is in October, so we'll need to reevaluate insurance, paid time off, and STD for FMLA then instead of December. 

• Options
    imageLeelee06:

Hang in there, K!  It's really good you figured out your insurance now instead of later. Our open enrollment is in October, so we'll need to reevaluate insurance, paid time off, and STD for FMLA then instead of December. 

yep, that's exactly what we had to do to "plan" it all out.  Our open enrollment is Nov for both of us and we'll go w/Brad's insurance as it's better in the long run but costs a little more each month.  I only get 60% paid time off, unless your manager decides to allow for full - and we all know how that will go...... he is SO by the rules kinda person.  Brad has a TON of time he can take off so he could always take off when I go back to work.

We've really thought about it all and are saving up.

Heck we might be in this house forever and this kid may get to move to ATL into their own free and clear condo by the time anything happens, LMAO but I hope that's not true!!!

• Options

Katie, You might also want to check with dh's insurance to see if they cover your pregnancy if you are added during open enrollment and are already pregnant.

Some insurance companies consider it a "pre-existing condition" if you are already pregnant and switch during your pregnancy and won't cover the cost.

Just something to check on before you TTC or plan on switching.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    imageMissLMS:

Katie, You might also want to check with dh's insurance to see if they cover your pregnancy if you are added during open enrollment and are already pregnant.

Some insurance companies consider it a "pre-existing condition" if you are already pregnant and switch during your pregnancy and won't cover the cost.

Just something to check on before you TTC or plan on switching.

great advice Lydia - and I "think" we did that but am having Brad check again to make sure. I can change on mine for sure.  I thought I remembered my friends who work at AU say that you can switch, just sent the email to Brad though to check, thanks for reminding me of that!!!

• Options

The waiting is definitely the hard part, but you'll be in Italy soon and able to drink ALL of that fabulous wine and then TTC time will be here before you know it!  Keep your eye on the wine! hehe

• Options

Oh I know I wish we could start TTC now. We want to make sure that we are not in Basketball season since DH is a basketball coach. So we have to live around that. Plus since DH is a teacher I would like to have a baby in May so that he can be here and stay home with the LO. I know it won't happen like we want it too..lol but I can try to plan.

Plus Italy, like everyone else has said, will be so much fun and you don't need the morning sickness, tiredness, ect.

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"