Minnesota Babies
Options

Heard the heartbeat ... rude doctor!

Sorry, this is kind of long!

We're so excited that we heard the heardbeat on Friday at our 10-week appointment. It was amazing! I feel like the experience was a little awkward, though, because our doctor was so rude. At my first appointment, my doctor told me to try out all the doctors because they can't guarentee who will deliver our baby. So I tried a new one and she was super rude (Dr. Shannon Harrison at Oakdale OBGYN.) Didn't look us in the eye once and when she finally found the heartbeat she only let us listen for literally 8 seconds. Then she took the doppler off my stomach and said "any other questions?" And I said, "yes, how many beats per minute?" She said "I don't know, I didn't count. It sounded like it's probably 150 per minute." I thought this was so rude! Anyone else experience a rude doctor who was pushing them out the door. Oh, and I forgot to mention that when I was giving my urine sample, she kept opening the little window where you put your full sample and slamming it shut when she saw I wasn't done. Ummm, hello, wait for the toilet to at least flush before opening the window! Also, the office was completely dead when we were there ... no one in the waiting room and we didn't hear/see anyone else when we were walking back to our room (it's a new location.) Plus, our appointment was at 2:30 so it's not like we were keeping her there past 5 p.m.! We were back in our car by 2:43! Would you call and complain?

Re: Heard the heartbeat ... rude doctor!

• Options

This is a tough one!  It's up to you but who are you going to call and complain too?  Try not to hold too much of a grudge because if I was in this situation, with my luck, she would be the one that delivers the baby! 

Also, those appointments are usually that long.  From what I've read, if you want a more personal experience you should look for a midwife.  The doctors are usually fast with their appointments. 

This is just what I've learned if you have any qeustions for me let me know!  Congrats on hearing the heatbeat.  It's very exciting!  GL!

• Options

I completely changed doctors at 20 weeks because of a similiar situation.  I didn't like the fact that I didn't get my doc to deliver and some of the docs were witches.  I had no confidence in them.

I changed to Metro OB with offices in St Paul, Maplewood and Woodbury.  I saw Dr Annette Mies and she and all the office staff were very positive.  She delivered my son like promised.

Another office that is awesome is Adfrenis and Toppin who mostly deliver at Woodwinds.

You can shop around until you find people you are comfortable with.

I wouldn't put up with anyone like that, it's way to important and shouldn't make a dime off of you if they are wretched.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"