Austin Babies
Options

SO scary

We were all in the car today, dh was driving, and he started having a seizure. ?It wasn't a full blown seizure--he could hear me talk, but couldn't talk back and was shaking. ?Luckily we were on a quiet street in CP, and he was able to pull off the side of the road. ?It just really freaked me out this time. ?

I know these are brought on by stress, and we are both stressed up to our ears lately. ?For the last couple of days, both kids have been on 110% percent of energy, running us ragged. ?We can't seem to keep up, and we are both exhausted. ?We're also both overrun with work. ?Add that up to having our house on the market and having to be out of the house all weekend for showings, and you have 2 exhausted parents. ?Anyone have an extra hour in the day for sleep, please send it our way! ? ? ??

Re: SO scary

• Options
    I am glad y'all are okay! I am sorry things are so stressful. I'm hoping that your house will sell quickly (and you find something else at the perfect time) so that you can be rid of at least one source of stress!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    wow! i'm so glad you're ok!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Goodness. I know that has been a fear of yours, how awful to have a fear realized.   I'm glad you are all okay.   Need a playdate this week to run the kids ragged and tire them out?  Just say the word.
  • Options
    I'm so glad you guys are all okay.  How scary!  Hopefully things will settle soon for you and relieve some of the stress!
  • Options
    oh gosh, how scary!  i am so glad you guys are ok!!
  • Options
    Wow. Thank goodness it was mild enough for him to be able to pull over. How's DS? I can imagine that would be pretty scary for him, too.
  • Options

imagemcurban:
    Wow. Thank goodness it was mild enough for him to be able to pull over. How's DS? I can imagine that would be pretty scary for him, too.

Julian is OK, simply because he's used to it and he sees it as a part of daddy, so it doesn't really scare him. ?I constantly teach Julian how to call my number (he can do it) on dh's phone in case there's an even bigger seizure when I'm not around. ?Unfortunately the small, mild daily seizures are just a part of life around here--usually happen around dinner time or bath time (when dh is tired) so Julian sees them a lot. ?It has been a constant struggle with changing meds/increasing meds for the last 2 years. ?Very difficult situation for both of us. ? ? ? ?

• Options

I'm so sorry that happened!  I'm glad he was in enough control to be able to pull over.

And definitely, like taffy we're up for getting out of the house -- I know being outside with the kiddos for a bit can be a huge stress reliever.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options
    Oh, no. ?:( ?I'm so sorry. ?That's one of my biggest fears, DH has epilepsy. ?It's very well controlled (no medicated seizures, ever) but I always worry about the driving. ?So glad you're all okay and hope you get the rest you both need soon!
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    How scary.  Glad that you're okay and that you were on a quiet road.  It sounds like you and DH need to visit Massage Envy today for an hour massage! 
  • Options

Oh wow!  I am so glad everyone is ok, how scary. 

I am with nanann and taffy, give us a call if you need to get the kids out for a playdate.  Abby does not have school this Thursday so I can even do Thursday this week.

• Options
    that is very scary!  I'm glad you guys are okay. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear that you are so stressed and that your DH had a seizure. I don't know if I ever told you that my college BF had a hemangioma in his brain that caused grand mals. I spent a lot of time in ERs and MRI rooms and I can empathize with how tough it is. Take care and I hope things get better and less stressful soon!
    Business Cat. image
  • Options
    EmerEmer member
    So scary.  I'm glad everything is ok.
  • Options

That is so scary. I'm glad to hear you are all ok.

Hope you get a few extra hours of sleep soon! We're wishing for some too. :-)

~NDK~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"