Austin Babies
Options

Anybody sew applique's?

I'm making a meit tai for a friend and I'm thinking I may want to do an applique on the hood, but I've never done one and I don't have the patience or desire to learn how right now.

Anybody here do this? I'd be willing to pay a little (can't afford much, otherwise I'd be willing to pay alot!). She hasn't a fabric yet, and whether or not there is one depends on what fabric she chooses!

Re: Anybody sew applique's?

• Options
    like i said last week, i have no sewing skills. but good luck making the mei tai. id love to see pics of how it turns out. are you using that same pattern?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'll be using the tips and some techniques, but I'm making a new pattern. It'll be a combination of features that she and I both like in a MT- stiff waistband like the KS but with padding between the person and the stiffness, padded straps like the NHT, seat darts, a medium height body that's narrow (because her DD is also little, it will give more airflow). And custom length straps for her. I'm going to do it reversible with hemp straps and body stabiliser, hood straps like the old NHT (no snaps, just loops but vertical whereas the loops on the one I lent you are horizontal).

I thin I'm going to make a little waist pouch that slides over the waist strap so she can carry her keys, phone and wallet too, but that may have to wait a little longer.

She's been wanting a MT for a long while, but she wants extra extra long straps so it would be really pricy for her to buy. She's done a LOT for me lately (lots of free work on my website, in addition to the lots of paid work) so I really want to make this customized for her.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you want it done by machine, it really is *very* easy.  Just put steam a seam, heat 'n bond or wonder under on a piece of fabric, cut out your shape, iron it to your mei tai and then sew around the edges with a zigzag stitch -- doesn't require much patience at all!
    imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"