Austin Babies
Options

do they do 1 last u/s before delivery?

or do they just go with what your previous u/s showed regarding position?

Jay seems to think the boys are going to get into perfect positioning so I can have that natural delivery he so desires (**eye roll**) but my last peri appt, A was breech.  I told him this and he says, "oh they'll do another u/s to check again."  I didn't think they did, who's right?

Re: do they do 1 last u/s before delivery?

• Options

it varies by doctor and situation. my doc typically does only 2 - 10 weeks and 20 weeks. they swear they can feel where the head is by feeling your belly (but i never could!). but maybe that's different with twins?

i had medical cause for a u/s at 36ish weeks. and i was thrilled! honestly, i was begging my doctor to find something he could call 'medical cause' bcse i wanted that c/s so badly.  haha.

• Options
    For a breech, ASK for a last u/s if they don't offer one!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto Taytee.  DD was never breech - so I never got one last U/S - my OB could feel my belly and tell me that the baby was head down and engaged.  Seems like with 2 in there it would be more difficult to feel - but what do I know?!   But I would think if you had a breech baby - that they would do one.  So I would ask.

Are you sharing the date of your big day - or is it a surprise?! 

• Options
    My Dr. said that we will have one last u/s to check size/ position before delivery.
  • Options
    Well, I had one, even though my doc knew he was head down.  But I was 3 days past due date and she ordered it so they could check the amniotic fluid level (which turned out to be low and required induction the next day).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"