Boston Babies
Options

Relocating

Hey Ladies-

I live in Los Angeles, and our family is getting relocated to Boston for DH's job. What are the best places to live? Any good suburbs that still have a good commute time to Boston?

Thanks

Re: Relocating

• Options

I would try Newton, Brookline and Wellesley....they are very pricey however living in California I am sure that you are used to prices being high.

Your babies are adorable and congrats on your pregnancy!!

Good Luck :-)

• Options

I've gotta throw my town - Watertown - out there too.  It's just across the Charles from Newton but not as pricey.  Newton's schools have the big reputation, but I've also heard good things about the Watertown school system.  Watertown also has great public transportation.  The express buses can get you downtown from Watertown Square (via the pike) in like 15 minutes.

Belmont might also be a good choice - the schools are great and the commute is still short.  Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If you are from LA you may be used to a longer commute than the locals around here.  Newton & Wellesley are wonderful, expensive towns with great commutes--15-30 min to almost anywhere in Boston.  If you can stand the longer commute (30 min -1 hr, heavily dependant on traffic) try towns like Natick and Southborough.  Housing costs are lower, schools are still great.  You have both the Mass Pike and commuter rail at your disposal.

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"