Birth Stories
Options

my perfect birth story

Alexander Jason was born on Monday- March 23rd at 1:55pm.

I was induced exactly 1 week early. When I was exactly 39 weeks, because my first son weighed 10 pounds at birth and I tore 3.5. Although this baby was not measuring big I didn't want to take any chances...

I checked into the hospital at 5am. Took a while to fill out paperwork, check in, etc. I was 2cm dialted and about 50% effaced. They started pitocin at 8am. Felt my first contraction around 8:45am. My OBGYN broke my water at about 9:15am. From about 9:30-11am the contractions were coming about every 2-3 minutes and lasting about a minute- not bad. I could talk through them. Then around 11am they became much stronger and I had to close my eyes and couldn't talk through them. It really helped to just listen to my babies heard beat and breathe breathe breathe. I really wanted to try to go until 1pm, but when I heard the dr. with the epidural was right outside in another room at 12:15pm, I told them I wanted to be next. I got the epidural at about 12:30pm. The doctor checked me and I was only 4cm dialated and 90% effaced. I was really disappointed, because with my first son I started at a 3 and didn't come completed dialted until 9 hours later!.

Well after the epidural- it was wonderful. I could open my eyes again! I could still feel pressure, but it was breathable and talkable. About 45 minutes later the pressure was a little stronger and my nurse popped in the room. I told her I felt pressure and she said that was normal, then I told her I felt pressure near my bottom and she said- "oh!" let's check!. She said I was fully dialated, 100% effaced and she could see the head and not to push yet until she called the doctor. So I went from a 4- to fully dialated in 45 minutes!!!!!! The doctor came in and I pushed, but not too hard- just 3. yes 3 times and Alex was here! and on top of that NO TEARING!!!! He weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces and was 20 inches long! Very healthy! If I had waited till my due date he would have been nearly 9 pounds!

Adjusting to life with a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn is a challenge but a blessing!

Re: my perfect birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"