Stay at Home Moms
Options

Anyone get stir crazy?

I feel like im losing my mind sometimes. DD has been a horrible sleeper since Day 1 and always very fussy. She is very difficult to deal with and I just feel really drained and exhausted some days. Anyone else feel this way? If so, how do you cope?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone get stir crazy?

• Options
    One thing that helps me is that dh takes dd on the weekend mornings and goes and makes breakfast and coffee with her, while letting me sleep in. I need the rest and it's a great bonding time for dh and dd.
  • Options
    Absolutely! I get out of the house as often as possible because of it. My DD is older nwo, but even when she as a baby I would HAVE to leave the house. Sometimes we'd just walk around the grocery store. It made me feel like a normal, sane adult to get out. The gas is well worth my sanity!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If the weather is decent we get out of the house twice a day, usu. an errand in the morning and a walk/playground trip in the afternoon.  I also schedule a couple of playdates each week.  It helps so much to hang out with other adults.

About a month ago, I went away for the weekend to visit my sister.  It was awesome.  DH enjoyed his solo weekend with the cutester, and I got some me time.  I'm planning another weekend away in a couple of months.

• Options
    Yep I feel this way often.  Walks around our neighborhood help.
  • Options
    I absolutely feel this way!  And I get out of the house!!  I think I would go crazy if I didn't.  We go on a walk around the neighborhood every single day.  It really helps.  We will go to mall, Target, etc. and walk around.  That was becoming an expensive habit, but now I leave my debit/credit cards in the car so I am not tempted to buy just anything and just browse and it takes up time, but our bank account isn't taking such a hit!  We go visit my parents who live nearby.  We go to the childrens museum, story time at the library, the park.  We play outside a lot, which even though it's not leaving really, it is getting "out". 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    YES. Thank Goodness spring is here and we will be getting out more. I was way too lazy and didn't get out much over the winter. Recently we've started going to storytime at the library, as well as at Barnes & Noble, and we signed up for Music Together. I have found that I need actual plans/commitments to motivate me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

this sounds like my LO!  i haven't been dealing with it as long as you have but it is really draining for sure.  i have my DH help a lot at night and weekends.  it's been way too cold to go outside here, but sometimes i would walk the mall.  it is hard to want to go out with her though because i never know if she will be cranky and that's hard to deal with by myself in public.  i try to call people during the day just to have a little adult conversation, and i have friends come over on lunch breaks from work whenever possible.  they like to see the baby and i like to see an adult!  some days are just hard though... i try to remember that she'll be out of these phases one day...

good luck :)

• Options

Gah, you poor thing!!

To be honest, even when Emily was sleeping great and it appeared to an outsider that I was having a "great" day, I still felt a bit stir-crazy at times.  It was an adjustment for sure, going from working outside the home to being a SAHM... heck, it was an adjustment becomming a mom, regardless of work!  I personally don't think you are "normal" if you don't feel drained and exhausted at times!

Interraction with other first time moms that had same-aged babies is what really helped me: I could vent to people who truly appreciated my situation and could offer real, helpful advice or just commiserate with me!  I joined a "Mom's Group" when Emily was 7 weeks old and I truly looked forward to that 1x week meet-up in those early months.  Could you look around for a group in your area?

I also had lunch with DH several times a week, took walks, joined a gym (for some baby-free time to destress!) and began going to our local library for their Story Times, so I could be around other mothers and other children.

Good luck!!!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"