Baby Showers

WWYD?

My BFF has offered to throw a shower for me.  She is the only person that has offered.  (yes, I know its still early)  She lives out of state and will only be in the area (sort of) two more times before the baby is born (in May and then in August).  She is asking about what I want for the shower, but I have no idea what to tell her so early.  My family lives 4 hours north of here.  DH's family lives 4 hours south of here.  And they are all already going to be HERE the first weekend in May, but that's WAY too early for a shower.  And I don't think its likely that we could get everyone in one place any other time.  So should my friend plan to do the shower with my family?  And my friends here just won't be able to attend a shower?  Or have one here, without family?  When I got married, she threw a shower in ATL with my family, since DH's family was going to throw one.  But then the ILs cancelled and we didn't get to celebrate with them at all.  I hate living so far from everyone... and knowing this is the best it will ever be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD?

• I got a little confused half way reading the post. But I think your best bet is to do something small with your family that will all be together in MAY. Have any of your other friends offered to throw you a shower? If not maybe you should do a meet the baby event once LO arrives. That way, people that we unable to celebrate pre baby will be able to afterwards. Hope this helps a little???
  • If you don't think either family is going to throw a "family" baby shower I would just have it where you live and when it is convenient.  4 hours isn't that far to dirve on a Sunday...the shower could be 1-3 or 4 and they would still be home before dark.  My DD's shower had many people who drove 4 and more hours.  Some stayed in a hotel but most just drove home.  They carpooled I think...some of them anyway.  Make sure you're hostess serves a "meal" since people will be driving a long ways to get there.  I would also somehow make it clear (maybe when they RSVP) that there will be a meal...not just appetizers.  We did that with my DD's shower and it worked out well.  BTW..the shower was just women but we had about 5 men who served the meal (lasagna, salad and garlic bread...along with other sides).  It was great!
  • Loading the player...
  • um, please don't flame, but your friend is throwing the party, right? I'd leave it up to her who she invites and how many.You risk being overbearing and demanding... see some of the other posts here on baby showers... you're the guest of honor, NOT the planner.

You never know what your family/ his family might be thinking, and may is very seriously early for a shower for you. 

• imagetuxcat:

um, please don't flame, but your friend is throwing the party, right? I'd leave it up to her who she invites and how many.You risk being overbearing and demanding... see some of the other posts here on baby showers... you're the guest of honor, NOT the planner.

You never know what your family/ his family might be thinking, and may is very seriously early for a shower for you. 

I'm not trying to be the planner... as stated in the OP, I am aware this is early (I'd rather the shower be later, but again with- I'm not the planner), and the friend ASKED...

• imagevittoria.treadwell:

Have 2 different ones

This!

Have 2 different ones

Have 2 different ones

Yes.  That would be ideal, but I'm not about to ask someone to throw one for me or throw one myself...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"