Washington Babies
Options

Are white crib sheets a bad idea?

I have a rookie question...are white crib sheets practical?  Will I be able to keep them white?  Or is the possibility of accidents too high? 

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are white crib sheets a bad idea?

• Options

I only have cream colored sheets.  I also have never had a poo blowout and have only had a few pee leaks. (knocks wood).  I'd think you need to use some sort of bleach to keep them white and I'd be hesitant to use that on something close to baby's skin.

• Options
    They wont be a bad idea if you own oxyclean.  ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have white cotton cloth diapers (Kushies) and an afternoon or two of sunlight makes poo stains vanish.  At least yellow newborn poo stains.

I've heard solid food poo is a whole new world of ewwww.

• Options
    I would say dont do it,  ds spits up a lot in his sleep and the lap pad he rests his head on has a lot of yellow stains on it from that...
  • Options

I've only had maybe 2 pee accidents in the crib and one puke.  And Ben's 2 1/2 years old...  so white sheets would be fine here.

Oxyclean gets out anything.

• Options
    Thanks for the quick responses!   While I know I'm soon to become a laundry and domestic goddess, I'm guessing white sheets will be more of a hassle than it's worth.  I'm only interested in them because they're on sale (a measly $3). 
  • Options

imagegreenmtbride:
    Thanks for the quick responses!   While I know I'm soon to become a laundry and domestic goddess, I'm guessing white sheets will be more of a hassle than it's worth.  I'm only interested in them because they're on sale (a measly $3). 

For $3 I would buy a set or two. DD never had a blow out, but she did puke a few times, and slept in it (ew!). The sheets did stain a little, but I don't plan on using them for another baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

for $3, get them!  You can't go wrong for $3.  It's always good to have extra sheets anyway.  

ANd really, even if they do get stained a little, it's not like your kid will care.  :)

• Options
    No, unfortunately they're only discounted by $3...from $18 to $15!  Yeah, if they were only $3 I'd be stocking up! 
  • Options

Knock on wood, Mikayla's never had an accident in her crib.  Maybe a little spit up but that's it, and that's white anyways.  :)

It might be easier if you do a color, but if you want white go for it!

-Deborah

• Options
    We use the Ultimate Crib Sheet.  They make changing baby's sheets super easy (I hated getting the mattress in and out of the crib because it fits so tight).  It doesn't matter what color your sheets are with those.
  • Options
    White sheets are the best answer!  I'm able to bleach them if they are stained where with colored sheets I wouldn't be able to do that!  I didn't have really any problems when he was tiny as we kept a pad under him but now I've had a couple of occasions where he has thrown up in bed and had I not been able to bleach the sheets I would have been throwing them out!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    we have cream colored sheets, along with a few colors.  Regardless, I've never had anything happen that didn't come out in the wash!  i wouldn't hesitate buying them!
    ~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"