Austin Babies
Options

Had my baby boy - fast and all natural!

Oh my ladies, I had my baby boy exactly 1 week past his due date on Wednesday night at 8:53 pm. ?I will write my birth story later, but here's the short version.?

?After our appt Wednesday morning we had decided to not induce and keep waiting it out. ?We went home, were cleaning up, had lunch etc. ?By 4:00 I was thinking maybe my ctx were starting, by 5:30 I was sure, but I figured it would all take hours and hours. ?Well by 7:15 I was in major major active labor and we were driving to the hospital. ?By the time I got there I was 4cm, 20 min later I was 8cm, and right after that it was time to push - the doctor barely made it in time. ?I pushed for all of 8 minutes and he was out! ?

Labor was incredibly intense and hard. ?Trying to follow the nurses directions to roll over, breathe deeper, etc when ctx are on top of each other is crazy. ?I needed oxygen b/c his heartrate was dropping but it all went so fast that there was no time for anything else and pushing was very intense but so fast too! ?

Just goes to show that there is NO way of knowing what it will be like. ?After being late and feeling like he was never coming, then it was a super short fast labor which we never would have expected. ?It's incredibly. ?Baby Nate is perfect: 6lbs 3ozs, just under 20 inches, breast feeding well (that's ouchy too but we are working on it) and just beautiful.

Re: Had my baby boy - fast and all natural!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"