Success after IF
Options

Mom's of boys: Ummm...erections?

DH and I were giving Conor a bath the other night when we noticed he was peeing.  No biggie right?  He does it all the time.  I looked down again to see if he was done so I could drain the pee water and noticed he had a tiny erection.  Is this normal?  I know it's not sexual or anything.  It just kinda caught me off guard just 'cause he's so young/little.

On a side note:  I am seriously dredding the day when DS is a teenaged boy and I walk into his room without knocking to put away laundry and he's masterbating. Indifferent I know, I know...it's normal...blah, blah, blah...and it seems like eons away...But I am soooo not looking forward to DS being a teenager!  Teen boys are so immature and smelly!  HAHA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Mom's of boys: Ummm...erections?

• Options
    Yeah, it's completely normal!  Just wait until you clean it at diaper changes and he starts giggling...and then tries to touch himself at every diaper change!  Boys...they start young! ;)
  • Options
    Surprise  ah, yeah.  Let's just say Max often enjoys his diaper changes.  He giggles through the whole thing too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agreed - totally normal. When my DS gets them it's usually right after a nap while I'm changing his diaper. I also love the giggles when I'm washing his boy parts or during diaper changes!
  • Options
    I'm not a mom of a boy (at least not that I know of yet...) but I laughed out loud at your "teen boys are so immature and smelly" comment. I feel the same way! Our nephews stayed over once a few years ago (I think they were 12 and 14 at the time) and the pillows reeked the next day. What is that? I know they bathe daily because my SIL would never let them out of the house unclean. So funny!
  • Options

Oh, the things to look forward to...

• Options
    Oh My GOSH.  We just found out we're having a boy yesterday adn this post and all of the responses have sent me into a mini tail-spin.  I had not yet thought of all of this.  Ugh!!!!
  • Options

imageoct11bride03:
    I'm not a mom of a boy (at least not that I know of yet...) but I laughed out loud at your "teen boys are so immature and smelly" comment. I feel the same way! Our nephews stayed over once a few years ago (I think they were 12 and 14 at the time) and the pillows reeked the next day. What is that? I know they bathe daily because my SIL would never let them out of the house unclean. So funny!

Boys are so smelly - teens and husbands!  My husband still thinks it's funny to fart in the dogs face...and he's 32!  DS farts just as loud as DH and they smell just as bad as DH's!  I'm doomed. 

BTW, we share the same wedding day - 10.11.03 Big Smile

• Options
    imageEmilyAnne:

Boys are so smelly - teens and husbands!  My husband still thinks it's funny to fart in the dogs face...and he's 32!  DS farts just as loud as DH and they smell just as bad as DH's!  I'm doomed. 

BTW, we share the same wedding day - 10.11.03 Big Smile

OMG, you're killing me! It's so true...I don't get why men think it's fun to be gross/smelly. Sounds like your husband is just waiting for your son to get a little older and then the training will begin.

Yay for sharing the same wedding day! :)

• Options

I refer to DH as the 'big stink' and DS as 'lil stink', thought sometimes I think it is the other way around.

DS too, enjoys his diaper changes. The other day I left him in just a diaper for awhile and he figured out he could put his hand down there!

• Options

When I was in high school I was baby sitting for this little boy that was around 4 years old.  Right before I put him to bed I took him to the bathroom.  He was peeing and I was looking at myself in the mirror waiting for him to finish when I looked over and saw that he had an errection.  I had no idea that could happen to little boys!  I was so afriad his parents were going to walk in at that moment and think I was molesting him or something.  I couldn't get him to bed fast enough!

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

totally normal. ?I see them in the morning during diaper changes. ?

And just wait until he starts playing with it every chance he gets. ?DS does this during diaper changes if I don't block his arms and does it all the time during his bath. ?We even have a video of the first time he found "IT"?

Ummm, and I have a teen boy. ?Went in to collect laundry and pulled a shirt out from under the bed (there is usually lots of stuff under there)...it was his "clean up rag" for lack of a better way of putting it. ?NEVER am I pulling laundry from under his bed again

• Options

OMG Pamela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just surprised he hasn't had one before 4 months old!!! Lucky you!

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagepamela-matt:

totally normal.  I see them in the morning during diaper changes.  

And just wait until he starts playing with it every chance he gets.  DS does this during diaper changes if I don't block his arms and does it all the time during his bath.  We even have a video of the first time he found "IT" 

Ummm, and I have a teen boy.  Went in to collect laundry and pulled a shirt out from under the bed (there is usually lots of stuff under there)...it was his "clean up rag" for lack of a better way of putting it.  NEVER am I pulling laundry from under his bed again

OMG!  I am not ready for this!

• Options

imagemnj1125:
    Yeah, it's completely normal!  Just wait until you clean it at diaper changes and he starts giggling...and then tries to touch himself at every diaper change!  Boys...they start young! ;)

Yup! My son does this too! Soooo funny....

• Options
    Omg, Pamela!..Ha..ha!!! Oh dear Lord, what we have to look forward to! I remember a story my sister told me about her son. I forget how old he was but she was in another room when she heard him yelling for her in a scared voice. She ran in the room and he looks at her horrified with his pants down pointing to his penis and yelling "It won't go down!!". She didn't know what to do so she just blurted out "Just leave it alone, it will go down eventually!"..ha..ha..
  • Options

LOL DS shows happiness at seeing DH and I in the morning by exhibiting a little erection, seriously we take his diaper off to change it and he's just giggling and exploring.

Yeah I am dreading the teenage years.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I swear, we've been seeing  these since Cal was born!
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I worked at a daycare center in college in the infant and toddler rooms and all the boys would get them all the time. Almost always when they'd first woken up from their naps and we were changing their diapers. The first time I saw one I was SHOCKED - I had no idea that happened. But you get used to it really quick!
  • Options

I think the technical term is:

Baby Boner

hee hee hee

Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options
    imageLucyPevensie:

I think the technical term is:

Baby Boner

hee hee hee

That's what DH called it!  We giggled like immature teenagers too...

OMG Pamela!  Eeeew!  DH told me to be careful of DS' socks when he gets older for this exact reason...clean up...Tongue Tied

• Options

I  was reading all la-la-la, totally normal....until...Pamela.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:::::running away!  running away!:::::

• Options

My SOn found his penis a few weeks ago, and hasn't seemed to let it go since.  It's his favorite bath toy, and the only place he wants to put his hands during diaper changes. 

My guess, is that now that he found it, he will be playing with it till he is old and gray.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"