South Florida Babies
Options

Stroller?!?! Decisions, decisisons...

Buying a stroller is so much like shopping for a new car....My DH & I have been through all of South Florida looking for the perfect one and can't seem to make up our minds! (Actually we had chosen the Ingelsina Zippy Safari but it was discontinued or rather updated with the new 2009 model which is more yellow than orange and $50 more expensive!).

So I need help... we also like the Pliko Switch but think its a bit too heavy. The problem with the Peg Perego's is that the infant seat is SO expensive!

Any thoughts, suggestions, reviews? Anything would help greatly!

TIA Wink

Re: Stroller?!?! Decisions, decisisons...

• Options
    I did a lot of research before buying on the babybargains.com boards and I was between the Zippy and the Pliko P3. I really was leaning towards the Zippy but I could never find a model to try out so I just went with the P3 which I have been very happy with so far. I was able to find a discontinued model at TJ Max for about $150.00. The boards on babybargains always seemed to favor the Zippy because it has like the world's easiest fold from what I hear.
  • Options
    I registered for the Peg Perego Pliko P3 and got a Graco Snugride for his infant seat. They didn't really match but it wasn't a huge deal to me. If I could have a redo I would totally have not registered for the P3 and would have gotten a snap-n-go stroller instead. Then once Mikey was big enough I would have gotten the Maclaren Quest instead because that stroller kicks major a$$!!!! It's soooooo easy to manuever and is so compact I just love it. So now I have two strollers the P3 and the Mac Quest. The P3 sits in our garage for now but will be moving to its new home in our storage unit until baby #2. It's HARD to know what kind of stroller you will really want before the baby arrives but unfortunately you have to try to make the best decision. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I completely agree with what FSUSammy wrote. I bought the snap n' go from Graco along w/the their infant seat and its just SO FREAKING EASY! We also have the Maclaren stroller ready to go when she's a little bigger. :)

Just try to avoid the bulky strollers. They are truly a pain to maneuver when you have a screaming child with you =P

• Options

I used the snap-n-go stroller with the infant bucket seat as well, both for my first and now again for my second kid.  I like it a lot.  We got the Combi stroller for our son when he was ready for a real stroller, and it's been pretty good but not ideal.  If I could go back I would have gotten a Maclaren instead. But then again, maybe not--the Combi was very affordable, and now that we have two kids, we don't use it anymore, so if I had spent more money on a better single stroller, I might have regretted it.

Now that we have two kids, we have the Peg Perego Aria 60/40 double stroller, and I love it.  It's the lightest double stroller I found (I could lift it with one hand when 9 months pregnant).  It even takes the carseat in one side!  Too cool. 

Tania

• Options
    I bought the expensive Peg Perego Uno with the matching car seat and totally regret it. Jake HATES the car seat so much we switched him to a covertible car seat way before he outgrew the infant one. As for the Peg Perego, we spent the money so we could have the bassinet feature so I could push him in it as a newborn, but low and behold he has reflux and hates laying on his back so that stroller was a complete waste too haha. Oh well we live and we learn!
  • Options
    Looks like I am in the minority, but i enjoyed having the big bulky stroller travel system. i could put her in the stroller all the way reclined for naps so she wans't always in the carseat. now i just use the chicco umbrella stroller, but i liked the full size stroller for the first 9 months or so when she would still nap in it.
  • Options

I too took stroller shopping to another level! LOL! ;-)

I got the Maclaren Easy Traveller (it's the Maclaren version of the snap and go) and used that for the 1st two months with my carseat.

At two months old I started putting her directly in the stroller since I felt bad having her sit in her carseat for so long.

I have the Bugaboo Bee as my mall/errand/small stroller and love it. It has a good size basket, full recline and she can face me or out. It's super compact and fits in tight aisles in stores. Love it!

Then I have the BOB Revolution for the park, walking through the neighborhood, etc. It's my "outdoor" stroller. It is really easy to push for a big bulky stroller and I really love this one too.

I've been really happy with my selections to date.

Happy Shopping!

• Options
    I went with the graco car seat and the snap-n-go as my infant stroller, and then registered for the Pliko P3.  I've only used the P3 a few times, but love it thus far.  We especially went with the P3 b/c DH is so tall that with all the other strollers he kept kicking the basket beneath him, and the P3 has adjustable handle lengths.

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Options

we couldn't afford a bugaboo or a quinny so we got a graco, which is honestly not too bad.  I was complaining recently about it being all bulky and what not, but you know what?  It's not too bad.  It's comfy for Abby, I can recline her all the way, and it's got great accessories for the parents pushing her. 

we also have a baby jogger performance stroller, which is like the cadillac of jogging strollers lol  it is made for a serious runner, which I'm not, but DH is.  It's got these huge thin bike wheels and maneuvers amazingly.  It can't be closed up like a normal stroller, though, you ahve to take the wheels off of it. ugh, and you can't use it until the baby is 6 months old, either.  sheesh.  lol 

• Options
    We have the Chicco Cortina KeyFit30 and althought I haven't used it yet, I love it. It is a travel system and the carseat was rated one of the safest. The stroller reclines fully flat and has tons of features. It's very easy to open and has 1 handed fold.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I swear, I feel like the worst mother EVER!!! I didn't do all the search you guys did. I went with what was least expensive but still safe. For carseats, I went with Graco. I decided I didn't like the travel system, so I got the Snap N' Go and was still using it until last week. DS is turning 1 in 2 wks. I now use the Combi, and LOVE it. It's easy to fold, fits in my car, easy to use in Japan on the trains/buses and it's very light. If there was one thing I'd change is that darn basket, it's too small and has a rod going through it.

• Options

Thanks Ladies! Me and the DH are planning on heading up to Baby Love this weekend to "test" drive a few options (I figure is I can handle them preggo then post preggo will be a snap). I'll keep you all posted on the final decision once its been made.

On another note....just received my Britax roundabout carseat from my sisters as a gift! So excited!!!!!

-xo- 

• Options

I just needed to add.....You all have the cutest babies ever!!

Smile

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"