New York Babies
Options

Cabs and Carseats?

How do you ladies handle carseats in cabs? My husband and I are visiting the city in June and I was hoping to use our Maclaren stroller to get around with but our carseat will not clip into it. I could use the snap and go but I am afraid that she will not be comfortable in her carseat all day ( that is if she still fits into her infant car seat at nearly 9 months.) How do you all handle your little ones in cabs? Thank you so much for your help!

Re: Cabs and Carseats?

• Options
    carseats are not required in cabs in NY. I usually take the train...or bus. or you can just hold on your lap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i've never seen anyone set up a baby seat in a cab.. so i guess the above post is right.  which is strange with the way they sometimes drive.. 

i would take a bus -safer incase a car crashes into it.. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Use your stroller for walking and take the train. There's no reason to use a cab and frankly, you're not going to find a cab driver willing to sit and wait for you as you try to install a car seat into their backseat. If you think it's imperative to take a taxi, call a car service or van and have your seat ready. (but then you're stuck carrying it around the rest of the day).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"