Alabama Babies
Options

Cheap crib???

I'm getting ready for another trip to see my family.  Everytime we go, Jenna sleeps in a PNP and sleeps like total crap (up at least 4 times every night) which leads to me being exhausted and mildy cranky everytime we travel.  I was considering buying a cheap crib to have at my mom's house in hopes that maybe it would feel more like "home" and that maybe she'd sleep better. 

I know that part of it is that during a normal sleep pattern, everyone wakes up to some degree and she probably wakes up and doesn't know where the heck she is and freaks out.  The other part of me wonders also about the mattress - we have a super firm colgate classica at home, and the PNP is so super smooshy.  I think that it would be like us being used to sleeping on one type of bed and then staying in a hotel that's just the opposite.

Am I crazy (well, I know that answer) for considering this?  We go home several times a year, and I would be willing to spend a hundred bucks or so if it meant better sleep.  Input???

Re: Cheap crib???

• Options
    I wouldn't because she is gonna grow out of a crib soon anyways. I really just wanted to say that I absolutely love her 1st bday hat.  too cute

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Check out Craigslist in your area - that sounds like it's a good idea - especially if you get a convertible crib - she can turn it into a toddler bed and then a double bed.

Just check the year/make/model of the crib for any recalls. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it would be worth it, especially if you plan on having more children.   Your sanity and both your comfort will be worth the price of a cheaper crib! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks girls!  I found a bunch of listings on Craigs List near my mom's house and have sent emails - hopefully something will work out.  Like Bethany said, we are planning on having more children, and going home several times a year, so I think it will be worth it!

Oh and Allison, thanks - I got the hat at Party City and thought it was too cute!

I probably won't be on the rest of the week so I hope you ladies have a great week and weekend!! 

• Options

My MIL bought an inexpensive crib to have at her house when my niece was first born. Now it has been used for two grandchildren and we'll use it for Kennedy when we go to visit with the baby.

My mom also has a crib at her house.

I think it is a good idea if you can find one that is cheap and hasn't been recalled.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"