South Florida Babies
Options

Who is this child in my house????

So, I think it is finally Zachary's turn to teethe.

He has been super cranky for the past 3 days, whining, crying, and I just can't seem to comfort him for very long. It is tough!!! He is drooling like crazy, sucking on his hands, and making sounds like he is very uncomfortable. He also has been spitting up a lot more than usual. I actually think he may be having growing pains too. :( I could be full of crap but it's just a hunch.

I used baby orajel on his gums and it doesn't seem to be doing anything but encouraging even MORE drool probably because he is numb!!

He only seems happy when he is 1. asleep 2. on his changing table, NAKED, lol 3. being cuddled and sung to. 

Unfortunately I cannot cuddle him for hours and hours and hours. I have been really neglecting my business because he has been so miserable. :(

We are gong to the pedi on Wednesday anyway for our 4 month appt but this is awful! I don't know what to do for him.

When I give him Tylenol it really seems to help him but I don't think it's right to load up a baby with medication constantly.

Any suggestions of how I can make him more comfortable? Thank God this is not affecting his sleep... he is still managing to sleep 10 hours at night and taking a 3 hour morning nap and a 1.5-2 hour afternoon nap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

Re: Who is this child in my house????

• Options
    I could have written this exact post except that Lynda would only take two 20 minute naps today and the only things that made her happy were being held and taking a bath.  She even screamed when I tried to change her diaper all day.  I'd like to take my head off right now.  I can finally feel the two little bumps on the buttom gum - it will probably be any day now.  No advice - but I feel your pain. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Two recommendations - Hyland's teething tablets and a huge dose of patience. They can teethe for months before an actual tooth appears. Good luck. You'll get through this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am definitely going to try those teething tablets since so many have suggested them. I can't imagine having the poor kid feel so lousy for so long before the teeth come in finally!!

So I kept doing everything I could to make him feel better and called my mom and she is over now helping out so Adrian and I could finally relax a little bit and have some dinner.

I feel so bad because I guess I am so tired that I didn't realize, but my mom said she thought he felt a little warm and sure enough I took his temperature and it is 100. I feel awful that I didn't realize or think to check! He has never had a fever before!!!! Though, him laughing and giggling on his changing table did make me feel a little bit better. No wonder the Tylenol made him calm down, he had a fever!!!

So, I guess it is teething since I know lots of other kids have had teething fevers. Fortunately we ARE going to the pedi on Wednesday. I am just going to monitor his temp tonight and tomorrow to make sure it doesn't get too high and see what the dr. thinks when we go on Wednesday. 

Poor Zachary. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options
    imageSnshine:
    Two recommendations - Hyland's teething tablets and a huge dose of patience. They can teethe for months before an actual tooth appears. Good luck. You'll get through this!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSnshine:

i second dawn!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"