Wisconsin Babies

Not many of us, huh?

Not too many sconnie mommies on here, huh?  Must find more!!!!  Anyone else out there due fall 2009?

Re: Not many of us, huh?

• We just found out we're expecting, and technically, it will still be fall even though it will be Dec.

• I'm moving to Wisconsin this summer with my DH. I'll actually be in Green Bay next weekend for a teacher recruitment fair. Then we're in Kenosha on the 24th for another job fair. We're TTC, so I'll help keep this board active. Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you looking for a teaching job? Where in WI are you moving? I'm a kindergarten teacher in Union Grove (it's in Racine co.)
  • Yeah, I teach grades 4-5 in a school for emotionally disturbed kids. I have many bruises! We're hoping to move to the Kenosha area. (My SIL & BIL live in Lake Paddock.) How's the job market in the area? Does WI hire instructional math coaches??
  • oh and congrats to both of you for your BFPs!! Party!!!
  • You're seriously thinking of moving to Kenosha?!? That's awesome. I've lived here my whole life (except the 5 years I lived in LaCrosse for college) and I like it. Paddock Lake is only about 15 minutes away. There are definately many teaching jobs between Kenosha and Racine counties. The Kenosha and Racine school districts are huge districts. There are also many smaller districts in the counties that are great too (I teach in one of them.) There are a couple jobs open at the school I'm at. They've posted them internally, so I'm not sure what the final job postings will be. I know there are some people considering moving. As far as math coaches, I not 100% on that. The bigger districts would be your best bet. A family friend is the math person for the whole Kenosha Unified district. I'll see if I can find anything more out on that.
  •  A family friend is the math person for the whole Kenosha Unified district. I'll see if I can find anything more out on that.

Oh, that'd be so nice of you!! I booked my flight this morning to go to the April 25th teacher recruitment fair in New Berlin. So excited!! I definitely like the Kenosha area. Have you gone to the Bristol Ren Faire?? We had so much fun there last summer!! The housing market looks really good in that area too. It's so incredibly expensive to live here in CT. How long have you been teaching?

• I still have never been to the Bristol Ren. Faire! Yes, the housing market here is crazy for people looking to buy. Not good for people wanting to sell though. Sad There are actually quite a few houses in our neighborhood that are for sale. This is my third year of teaching.
  • we are mostly in the wisconin nesties board. : )
    someecards.com - You're like the Comic Sans in a world of Times New Roman.
  • Wow, it took me forever to find a WI bump board.  It wasn't showing up in the list!
  • I'm in WI too. All the way over in Eau Claire though. 
  • hi ladies,

i live in kenosha. i just joined a while ago. i am not to active on this board, i recently posted a message on the community board and found that people were not as kind , warm and fuzzy as i thought. i immediatly deleted it!!

maybe the WI friends will be different??

• Yay Kenosha! My SIL & BIL live in Lake Paddock. Did you end up getting any snow on Sunday?? We got snow in CT today! I'm hoping this board becomes chatty, since I'm moving to WI in 2 months...woot! Beer
  • we sort of had sleet on sunday. the weather better get nicer, because i am getting married outside in may!!
     nice having you. always nice to meet new friends!! hope the move goes well. at least it wont be cold out when you move!

angie

• I live in WI too, but its so close to MN that I never check this board.
  • AmyLynn, I'll be visiting up your way this summer! My cousin is playing for the college summer league baseball team out there.
  • Hello all.  I am in the Appleton Area.  Could never find this board till today!
  • Yay for WI!!!  Born and raised ;)
    Not sure what direction we are headed. Either way, I am up for the ride.
  • Yay people in Wisconsin!! And YAY for so many Kenosha girls. I lived there my entire life then moved to Milwaukee to be closer to DH's job. Come fall, we are moving to Oak Creek though. :)
  • I am!  Good 'ol Madison. I'm on the 6-12 month board. :)
  • Hello all!  I'm in Janesville, WI.  I usually post on BOTB.
  • Hello ladies!  I'm in Janesville.  Mostly lurk the third tri board these days.
  • I live in Appleton....I admit I am mostly a lurker.
  • imageAmylynn716:
    I'm in WI too. All the way over in Eau Claire though. 

Hey I am in EC too!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageuhlerj:
    I am!  Good 'ol Madison. I'm on the 6-12 month board. :)

I'm near Madison!  Lake Mills!

• Hi ladies!!  I am in the Madison area, but to the ladies in EC - I grew up in Elk Mound!  Sometimes I miss the EC area, but I love Madison too much to ever move back!
  • imagesoontobecapek:

imageAmylynn716:
    I'm in WI too. All the way over in Eau Claire though. 

Hey I am in EC too!!!

What side of town do you live in?  I'm on the north side over by Pizza Del Re.  Oh how I'm loving all this construction. Confused

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"