Oregon Babies
Options

House keeper recommendations?

Does anyone have any house keeper recomendations? Between being sick, tired and pregnant, I can't seem to find the energy ever to get my house cleased up. Someone help!!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: House keeper recommendations?

• Options

Ok, this is funny.  I have one but I'm not thrilled with her.  She's been cleaning our house for about 4 years, she comes once a week when I'm working full time, or once every two weeks when I'm workign part time.  She's not very thorough and she "forgets" basic stuff like emptying the bathroom garbage cans, she doesn't pre-wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher... So about a month ago I started looking for a new one.  I asked around to people that I know have housekeepers. 

I asked this lady I work with, Ann.  She said "yes I have one, but I can't reccomend her, she's not very thorough and I'm actually looking for a new one right now."

I asked my boss.  He said "Yes we have a lady, but my wife doesn't like her, she's not very reliable and doesn't do the best job."

Sooooooooooooooooooo... looks like I'm just stuck with the one that I have.  The pattern seems to be that either you clean your own house, or you pay someone to do it, but aren't happy with the results.

Let me know if you want my girl's phone #  even after this rant! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I know someone that I would recommend! I don't have their contact info right now, but I'll post this weekend.

In full disclosure, we have only used them once. We called them in after doing some remodeling that left fine dust all over the house; plus, we had recently moved and the house hadn't really been cleaned beforehand. But I was very happy with their work. (They ACTUALLY cleaned - I've found that few actually do more than a quick wipe and dust). I wasn't home at the time, but I remember DH saying that they showed up on time, etc. We got them through a recommendation from someone else who has used them regularly for some time now and has been consistently happy with them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I used someone for awhile and LOVED her.  It usually was her or her sister and they did an awesome job and were really reasonable.  I miss them ha-ha.  I had to stop using them due to money.  But I would rec them over and over again and fully trusted them in my house without us here.  She was very eager to pls and you just had to tell her if you wanted more done or something done different.  Her name is Lucy

503-871-3116.  

Good Luck!

• Options
    YEAH!  Thank you!  I will take all phone numbers at this point!  YIPPEE!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Turns out the guy that I was going to recommend moved Sad I'm bummed, because I was planning on having him come once or twice when the baby arrived. Grrr.. Sorry to get your hopes up! Apparently his brother took over his clients. I'll try to ask around and see if people are still happy and pass on the number if I get it.
  • Options
    Turns out the guy that I was going to recommend moved Sad I'm bummed, because I was planning on having him come once or twice when the baby arrived. Grrr.. Sorry to get your hopes up! Apparently his brother took over his clients. I'll try to ask around and see if people are still happy and pass on the number if I get it.
  • Options

Hi, I was about to post a new post re: house cleaning, b/c I think once little one arrives, it would be awesome to have housecleaners come once or twice (can't afford a regular gig)... I looked up these folks and I was wondering if anyone had heard things about them and/or can recommend someone else?

https://www.clean-a-maniacs.com

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"