Florida Babies
Options

Do you love where you live?

We are moving to Tampa in Mayish.... we are currently searching for a house. We have a lot of availability because my DH works at multiple hospitals. Do you love where you live? Spread the golden info!

Thanks!

Re: Do you love where you live?

• Options
    I live in the Carrollwood part of Tampa and I do love it. It seems like everything is close by. Westchase and New Tampa are good areas to.

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker college mom
  • Options
    I live in Dunedin, on the other side of the bay and love it, love it, love it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! On Sunday, we will be looking at Hunters Green. Thoughts?
  • Options

I love that part of town. Hunter Green, New Tampa, and Tampa Plams. I dont stay too far from there.

• Options

We live in Land O' Lakes (not the butter town) and it is the best place I have ever lived!  I have lived in Tampa, by USF, Brandon, Riverview, and always came back to Land O' Lakes.  The great thing is that we are far enough from all the crazy traffic of New Tampa and Brandon, but close enough to get to all the hospitals in less than 30 mins.  My DH and I drive to the Airport area everyday and would never think about moving out of this great "still small town feeling".

Good luck!

• Options

New Tampa area is great - just do alot of research.  They and Trinity area have sink holes and you could have issues with insurance coverage.  I have friends (more than one!!) stuck in homes because of these issues.

I now live in Tampa by the Hardrock/Fairgrounds.  It's a great location b/c I can get to all highways in minutes and everything is really close.  The downside is that I am starting to worry about the area now that the economy is getting worse.

I used to live in Carolwood area and also loved it.  Not sure about the schools there, but close to DT Tampa and Bucs stadium. :)

• Options
    We truely do love our neighborhood.  I can't see us ever living anywhere else in Tampa.  We live in Original Carrollwood, check out all the amenties on the neighborhood website: https://originalcarrollwood.com/
  • Options
    I live in North St. Pete and I love it. We have a little house on the water and its perfect for us. Its about 15 minutes to South Tampa so its really convienient.  I am surprised so many people are recommending New Tampa and Tampa Palms.  I lived there for 4 years and the traffic is really bad and there isn't a sense of community. I never knew my neighbors or felt at home there. Its very cookie cutter. Everything is nice and new and BORING.  I would recommend South Tampa. Its close to everything and has such a nice friendly vibe.  Just my opinion though. Good luck!
  • Options

Yes! We live in St. Pete now and love it, and we lived in Clearwater before and loved that, too.

This area is paradise. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We live in South Tampa (Davis Islands).  Love it, love it, love it - very convenient access to a lot of hospitals (TGH is on the island, UCH and VA are by USF, ).  I work on the USF campus, so am always driving opposite to traffic, which is HUGE!!  And its a quick trip to everything - Bayshore, downtown, St. Pete beaches, airport, International Mall (!!!), Brandon.  Its also very nice and very safe, and people are really, really nice. Everyone thinks that its all mansions, but there are a lot of normal houses/condos for sale/rent.  Houses are older, and you probably don't get as much space for your money here as in New Tampa, but its worth it for the location.  And - these are considered some of the best schools in the state.  Wouldn't trade it for anything.
    *NBT born 11/6/09 * SAB 2/19/12 (due 9/27/12)* Baby #2 (a girl!)due 12/7/2012*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"