Detroit Babies
Options

Newbie - might be pregnant?!?

I have been lurking awhile and thought I would come out and say hi.  I teach second grade and my DH is a police officer in Detroit.

My hubby and I have been trying to conceive for about 3-4 months.  Today was the first day I missed my period and took a test and although the line was faint there was a second line.

My DH is out until about 10:00ish and I am dying to figure out if this is the real thing and share it with him!

I'm probably going to run out tomorrow and buy the store out of tests to make sure b/c I'm the type to not believe something until like a doctor tells me.  But I'm so excited if the stick is not lying to me!!!

Re: Newbie - might be pregnant?!?

• Options
    a line is a line :)  Congratulations!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!  I took a DPT and it was a "yes".  I went and got my beta blood taken at the doctor.  We will know for sure on Monday, but everyone was congratulating me on the way out.  So I'm pretty sure!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

GL!  I hope you are!  So exciting!

What district are you in?  I teach 2nd grade too, in Warren Con.

• Options

yup, a line is a line! but i know how you feel- i took quite a few tests just to watch it pop up over and over again...so exciting! i was about one month preggers at this time last year- isn't it great?

btw- yay for warren! ;-)

• Options

I teach in Chippewa Valley, but live in the "Center" of Warren...crossing our fingers not for too much longer. (:

I am really excited, but so scared and overwhelmed.  I have never went through so many emotions in such a little time.  We want this we are really excited but I'm so clueless.  I called my sister and asked her what do I do now? I feel like everything I do for the next 9 months could screw up my kid...and as a teacher I have seen a few.  (:

• Options
    How is it teaching with twins?  It must be exhausting!
  • Options
    congrats!!!  have a healthy and happy 9 months.  I agree a line is a line.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  I also teach in Chippewa :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagepolicewife08:
    How is it teaching with twins?  It must be exhausting!

I've been off since January, so it's okay, lol!  Actually, there's no way I could do it -- as much as I'm ready to go back, I just don't have the energy!

Don't worry too much -- I think as long as you're smart about what you put into your body, that baby will be fine.  I think as teachers we're extra cautious because we see the kids with physical and intellectual problems (and behavioral!) but like I said, I think that if you're smart and take care of yourself, you'll be doing everything you can to start that baby off right! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"