South Florida Babies
Options

Dr. Robert Suidmak? Anyone heard of him?

I heard he performs VBAC's and was interested in finding more info about him.

Thanks ;)

Natalie

Re: Dr. Robert Suidmak? Anyone heard of him?

• Options

He's my doctor.  He's very good, very capable, but VERY laid back.  which is not great if you are a worry wart.  I had a relatively low key pregnancy, but I was very nervous, and he did a great job, but never really succeeded in making me less nervous.

His practice is small, he works with a great midwife, he delivered my child himself, but honestly, I don't remember him doing any follow-up, I think that was all the midwife.  I was nervous about delivering, because I knew he was going on vacation around the time of my due date, but everything worked out fine, he was there, I was there and eventually my daughter decided to join the party!  I had a VERY long labor (56 hours) and he never once suggested a c-section, which I appreciated very much.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

• Options

Like Bettina said he is laid back. He was my doctor for the first half of my pregnancy. I ended up leaving him because I didn't like the care I was receiving. Since it is just him and his midwife there were several appointments where I had to see the nurse since he was at the hospital delivering a baby. Not a huge deal but there were other things that I didn't feel comfortable with so I switched. I was a worry-wort during my pregnancy and I felt rushed during my appointments, even though I would come with a post-it with 3 questions I usually only was able to ask only 1 since he'd be walking out of the door on me. 

Before you go jumping to switch doctors I'd recommend you talk to yours about VBACs even if they don't do them. I asked my doctor back in Nov and she said that even if she were able to do them I would not be a candidate because I failed to progress. Everyone is different though so you really need to talk to a doctor before you decide on switching. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I want to see him when I found out I was pregnant. My regular dr was full and couldn't see me till the following week and I was DESPERATE for someone to confirm my pregnancy. He didn't do this. ;-) No confirmation- like the girls above said- he's laid back and said- "you are healthy and young, why wouldn't you be pregnant?"

I went back to my regular dr the following month.

• Options

My doctors do VBACs.  Drs. Katia Apollon and Annette Pelaez (and they added a third doctor, Rebecca Karsenti, last year) in the Kendall area (117th Ave and Kendall Drive) in Miami.  They deliver at Baptist.  I don't have their number right here but if you google them it should come up.

Tania

• Options

Thanks ladies for your input ;) I appreciate it ;)

Natalie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"