Illinois Babies
Options

Finding a Nanny?

Anyone have any recommendations on how to find a nanny in the city?  Any agencies or referrals you can recommend would be appreciated.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Finding a Nanny?

• Options
    You could try npnparents.org.  There's a fee to join, but they have message boards about all sorts of child care.  The reviews on there helped us with our daycare decision.
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

sittercity.com

That is actually how I got my current job and I have two other friends who have used it to find their nannies.

?

Good luck!?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We were able to find daycare by asking everyone we knew who they would recommend. We found a home daycare right in our area that is just the best and was actually recommended by our neighbor (she had heard about the home daycare but didnt have any young children).

Also - I am opening up my own home daycare so feel free to email me if you have any questions bethrodriguez at hotmail dot com. I live in the Jefferson Park area.

Good luck in your search :)
    Elizabeth

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ditto npnparents.org- we found both our nanny and nanny-share family on that site!  Love it- especially because most of the nanny posts are their current families posting to find them jobs. 
  • Options
    We actually used Craigslist. We interviewed everyone personally, and you can do a background check yourself by using a service.  Our nanny has been with us now for 8 mos. and we and dd love her. She is great and is very active with dd, taking her on outings every day around the neighborhood. DD has a ball with her.
  • Options

How did you find the nannies listed on npnparents.org? I didn't see anywhere on the website to find local nannies. Also, does anyone know the approximate hourly rate for a nanny? My husband and I both have to leave the house by 5 a.m., so don't know of any other daycare options besides a nanny. We live in a 1-BR condo, so an au pair isn't an option. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"