2nd Trimester
Options

Glamour Shots Maternity Photos

I was thinking of doing maternity photos and I the first place that came to mind is Glamour Shots.  I know they are fairly pricey but I want beautiful photos that will last forever.  Any thoughts, experiences, advice, or even other suggestions?  I live in Queens, NY

Re: Glamour Shots Maternity Photos

• Options

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please, anywhere but Glamour Shots.

I am anti- Maternity photos myself but I am sure if you google portrait artists or ask Water Fairy for a recommendation, there are MUCH better options available to you.?

• Options
    Glamour Shots? For Maternity Photos? REALLY? Indifferent
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Um.....maybe glamour shots are different where you live but this is what I remember:

Friends don't let friends do Glamour Shots

• Options
    LOL I havent heard of Glamour Shot since like 1987. They still do those? I had that done for my pagent days as a child. Greese Lightin Hair and Leather Jacket.
  • Options

I had Glamour Shots done in 6th grade.  Those pics are still a source of amusement for my family.  I didn't even know they still existed.

I think the money would be better spent on a photographer who specilaizes in maternity.

• Options

LOL this one is awesome!!!

• Options

imagechrissyellen:
    LOL I havent heard of Glamour Shot since like 1987. They still do those? I had that done for my pagent days as a child. Greese Lightin Hair and Leather Jacket.

LMAO! The Leather Jacket with the BEDAZZLE rhinestones...oh snap I had some of that hot action too!

• Options
    imageK-I-S-S-I-N-G:

LOL this one is awesome!!!

OMG!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha Classic!

• Options

i never in my life thought i would hear glamour shots and maternity in the same sentence.

::dies laughing::

• Options

Our very own water-fairy!  In her Gallery, go to Baby to Belly.  She's AMAZING!

https://www.kdphotos.com/

Unfortunately, she's out here in SF but I'd fly across the country for her.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I too did glamour shots in jr high, and lucky for me my mom still has it up on a book shelf at her house for everyone to enjoy. DH almost died the first time he saw that and I think I was in the same pose as that hot chick in gold above.
  • Options
    I think everybody did the same pose as the chick in the gold.  I know I did, and I was only 6!
  • Options

Your best bet is to look for a photographer with a more personal approach, that maybe specializes in maternity and children. There must be plenty of great photographers in your area that do this. Google it!

I don't know what Glamour Shots is but I looked at the website. I'd stay away from it :)?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
     I should have peed before reading this post. I've obviously been slacking on my kegels.
  • Options

imagethatgirlang:
     I should have peed before reading this post. I've obviously been slacking on my kegels.

haha uh oh! do you need some fresh undies? hehe

• Options
    imagewater-fairy:

Your best bet is to look for a photographer with a more personal approach, that maybe specializes in maternity and children. There must be plenty of great photographers in your area that do this. Google it!

I don't know what Glamour Shots is but I looked at the website. I'd stay away from it :) 

She's being modest.  Don't listen to her.  Book her instead.  She's FREAKING AMAZING.

• Options
    imageJCM083009:

imagethatgirlang:

haha uh oh! do you need some fresh undies? hehe

LOL. Thank God I did laundry today.

• Options
    my SIL did glamour shots when she was PG with my neice.... I thought she was nuts, but she went there, with her hair done already and her own makeup done and told them to just take the picture.  They were actually nice, because she did most of the work.  She wore her own white PJ's, buttoned down to her belly, and let her belly stick out.  She posed looking down at the stomach.  She did use a fan to make her hair fly.  I have to say, it was actually nice.  If you don't let them touch you, and just take the picture, you will be fine.  But I guess you could do that at Sears too?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejaxgev:
    imagewater-fairy:

I don't know what Glamour Shots is but I looked at the website. I'd stay away from it :)?

She's being modest.? Don't listen to her.? Book her instead.? She's FREAKING AMAZING.

You are seriously making me blush now... *really blushing* thanks :)

Btw, I can't wait to do my own maternity pictures!!!! Did I tell you my husband thinks I wanted to get pregnant just to take self-maternity photos? :D?

• Options
    imageHeyyRed:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please, anywhere but Glamour Shots.

I am anti- Maternity photos myself but I am sure if you google portrait artists or ask Water Fairy for a recommendation, there are MUCH better options available to you. 

is it weird the first thought in my head after reading this was i wonder what the hell Red will say lol???  at least i read your response after drinking water - i don't need to be choking on any of my precious H20 from laughter!

• Options
    I live in NY too. I remember when I was searching for a wedding photographer there were many that also did maternity shots. Look on craigs list.
  • Options
    imagewater-fairy:

Btw, I can't wait to do my own maternity pictures!!!! Did I tell you my husband thinks I wanted to get pregnant just to take self-maternity photos? :D 

I could see that.  I mean you look ridiculous in that bikini at 19 weeks.  It's just not fair.  If I looked like you all I'd do is sit around taking professional photos of myself.

• Options
    imagejaxgev:
    imagewater-fairy:

Btw, I can't wait to do my own maternity pictures!!!! Did I tell you my husband thinks I wanted to get pregnant just to take self-maternity photos? :D?

I could see that.? I mean you look ridiculous in that bikini at 19 weeks.? It's just not fair.? If I looked like you all I'd do is sit around taking professional photos of myself.

I'll take some of you!!! :) get that belly growing!

And we'll be do the belly fight for pictures too, as you can't do that with your DH, he is way too slim for that... mine, on the other hand, will be a good competition to both of us!!!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"