2nd Trimester
Options

I am done here.

2»

Re: I am done here.

• Options

I'm confused. If we're all born sinners, then why couldn't god create someone gay?

• Options
    imagemamamoos:

you're giving christians a bad name.

Yes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't leave. :(  It's a topic that people feel very passionately on and it can bring out hateful words from some.  Trust me, my views on all of this are not popular at all but that is ok with me.  Stick around!! 
  • Options
    imaget.bird:

i'm a DEVOUT Christian- but i don't discriminate against anyone. i was also raised to believe that being gay is "wrong"- but as an adult i've chosen to accept people for who or what they are. my opinion on the matter really does matter.

even if you want to say that being gay is a "sin" and that someone chooses to be gay (like the lady i work with who told me she decided she liked girls one day) people "choose" to "live in sin" all the time- that is  their choice & God will deal with them in His time. it's not for us to decide or judge.

as a Christian, i do believe that America needs to come back to God (prayer wise & such), but alot of others don't believe that and i cannot force my views on them. that's only going to push them away more & make them resent me & what i believe in. i don't want people to resent my God because i'm an annoying, pushy protestor- i want them to want to know Him because they see Him in me in all that i do.

Wow t.bird, you said it way better than I could have. I ditto every word of this to the 100th power.

• Options

I haven't seen the OP, but from what I can gather your are ignorant.

And the fact of the matter is that you're still LURKING and we all know it!

• Options
    imageChelsi22:

The comment about being born gay, you are not born gay, God does not create you gay.

Really? Did God speak to you and clue you in on this??

No. Wrong. that is your OPINION. Buh-bye.Confused

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemamamoos:

a. you're giving christians a bad name. we're not all homophobic idiots.

b. toodles!

You's my hero, mamamoos!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    imageWed notdead!:
    imaget.bird:

i'm a DEVOUT Christian- but i don't discriminate against anyone. i was also raised to believe that being gay is "wrong"- but as an adult i've chosen to accept people for who or what they are. my opinion on the matter really does matter.

even if you want to say that being gay is a "sin" and that someone chooses to be gay (like the lady i work with who told me she decided she liked girls one day) people "choose" to "live in sin" all the time- that is  their choice & God will deal with them in His time. it's not for us to decide or judge.

as a Christian, i do believe that America needs to come back to God (prayer wise & such), but alot of others don't believe that and i cannot force my views on them. that's only going to push them away more & make them resent me & what i believe in. i don't want people to resent my God because i'm an annoying, pushy protestor- i want them to want to know Him because they see Him in me in all that i do.

Wow t.bird, you said it way better than I could have. I ditto every word of this to the 100th power.

could not have written it any better

• Options
    Don't let the door hit ya!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAliliv:

hmmmm.......not sure where this is coming from (haven't been here all day) but, Christians are supposed to be raised not to judge others and to be tolerant and welcoming of ALL people.   Therefore, stand up for the people discriminated against and try to help make their lives and experiences better by NOT discriminating and judging.

I ditto this.  Regardless of your beliefs, you should still respect others, and their beliefs and opinions, wether you agree with them or not.  If it bothers you, then just don't read the post.

• Options

I am glad she is gone...

Seriously, its harder to be against things than it is rather to just accept them.  Anger and hatred takes a lot of energy and none of us need that around us.

Bye bye!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagethailajo:
    imagejwpbride:
    imageAliliv:

hmmmm.......not sure where this is coming from (haven't been here all day) but, Christians are supposed to be raised not to judge others and to be tolerant and welcoming of ALL people.   Therefore, stand up for the people discriminated against and try to help make their lives and experiences better by NOT discriminating and judging.

DITTO- I am a Christian and could you please point me to the verse in the bible that says that God doesn't create people who are gay? Does he also not create people who do other things you disapprove of? I think you have a different bible than I do... because mine says all sins are the same in the eyes of the Lord and if you believe that being gay is a sin, then you should also understand that you judging them is the exact same amount of sin in God's eyes.

Peace out, idiot.

The bible does not say that God does not create gay people, I believe she meant that God does not create people Gay...most Christians believe it is a choice.... and the Bible reference you were looking for is below.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

I don't think I understand your post. If that's the verse we're going by, then we could technically argue that people must not be born with tendencies for alcoholism, either. I guess I just don't see how that verse says that "God doesn't create people gay" as you said.

A sin is a sin and you and I are just as much sinners as any of the people mentioned in the above verse, just by breathing. Just by being born and existing. We are all sinners, and all sins are the same in God's eyes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    Good riddance you closed-minded piece of work!  You will NOT be missed!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejwpbride:
    imagemamamoos:

a. you're giving christians a bad name. we're not all homophobic idiots.

b. toodles!

You's my hero, mamamoos!

awwwww, shucks.... Embarrassed

• Options
    I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  However, I don't think that you are any better than anyone else making judgements about others.  I was also raised in a Christian home, along with gay people, so don't pull your religious card S***!  If you knew anything about God, you would know that we are ALL God's children despite race, religion or sexual orientation.  I agree as a supposed (and I use that loosely) Christian woman - you don't need to be here.  Do some research, pick up a Bible, get off your own iggnorant high horse and stop being so damn closed minded and judgemental.   Instead, you need to be practicing what you preach instead of passing judgement on others.  If you bothered to speak to a gay person, you would know that they don't choose to be like that, and some even don't want to be like that.  Well, reality is that they are, and they deal with it and embrace it.  If not, they will live a miserable life with something that they DID NOT choose, but rather were given.  I agree with you when you say that " The world and America needs to get on our knees and really take a lot at ourselves as people. "  You can start off by doing this yourself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagewater-fairy:

Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one!

This made me LOL!  Nice one Water-Fairy!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebparkhur:

I'm confused. If we're all born sinners, then why couldn't god create someone gay?

?

LMAO

Hasta la vista baby. ??

• Options
    imageDDK513:

na na na naaaa...

na na na naaaa...

hey heeeyyyy.....

good byyyyyeee....

Yes

• Options

imageBearkatLou:
    Again... opinions are opinions. They have theirs. You have yours. I have mine. GBCN...

*Newbiness showing* What is GBCN?

• Options
    Christianity = love, not casting stones at others, tolerating differences.  Try it!
  • Options

https://vimeo.com/3089746

I hope you don't worry too much about your child turning out gay as you should about your close minded nature rubbing off on them, their world would be far worse if they ended up like you. 

You sure like to make your opinions stated as facts don't you.  

• Options
    imagemavilabride:

Peace out then.

Oh and when you come across someone that actually welcomes being discriminated against, picked on, mocked, treated like a second class citizen, like garbage, with no rights to a happy life please PM me and I'll send you my address.  I'd love to meet that person.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Buh-bye... won't be shedding any tears over that loss...

• Options
    imageedwins_girl:

*Newbiness showing* What is GBCN?

Goodbye Cruel Nest

Mom to an almost 4 y/o and an almost 2 y/o. In process of growing our family through adoption.
  • Options

great. You are going to give birth to yet another bigot who hides behind the bible.

remember the new testament? You know, the one where jesus died for our sins?  Yeah, um, even if you think being gay is a sin (which I do not, but whatever) then forgiveness need only be asked for and it will be granted. YOU need not judge. 

Sigh. 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"