3rd Trimester
Options

ladies who needed the rhogam shot- was it a big process

my dr. told me this week that I will have to go to the hospital blood bank for a blood draw, wait there for my results as to whether I have antibodies (which can take 1-3 hrs to hear back), get the rhogam from the hospital, then bring the rhogam to the ob/gyn where I need a lab appt and can get my shot there.

??? seriously- they couldn't come up with a better system like at least letting the hospital give the shot.

EDD with #4  01-20-14
Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

Re: ladies who needed the rhogam shot- was it a big process

• Options
    I had the one-hour glucose test done yesterday and they just drew an extra vial of blood to do the antibody test. Afterward, they gave me the rhogam shot in my right butt cheek. That's it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's really not that bad.

I had to go get bloodwork done a week before.

The day of the shot, I had to pick up the rhogam from the hospital lab and take it to my OB's office so he could administer it.  Not a big deal.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmmm, that does seem strange.  i have to get mine today and all i do is go in for the shot during my appt.
    Mommy to Presley 5/27/09,
    p7 copy
    It's a GIRL!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

They had me do a blood test at one of my first appointments.  I had the rh negative blood.  Then they gave me the rhogram at one of my regular appointments at the clinic.

It was no big deal

• Options

wow, it was no big deal for me. i had to get it after my 1hr glucose results came in so they must have tested my blood for the antibodies at the same time. then they just gave me the shot at my next ob appointment.

that sucks that they are making it such a hassle for you.

• Options

imageMidwestTexan:
    I had the one-hour glucose test done yesterday and they just drew an extra vial of blood to do the antibody test. Afterward, they gave me the rhogam shot in my right butt cheek. That's it!

Same here except I had to go to labor and delivery after I took my vial of blood to the lab to get the shot.  ANd that in itself was a process bc the screwy lady at the front desk didn't know I was still waiting and I sat there for forever!

• Options

I got my first shot when I was spotting during 1st tri.  I had blood work done the week before and my ob/gyn told me I needed the shot and a nurse took me to an exam room.  I got the shot right there. 

I have my one hour glucose test on Monday and I am supposed to get the rhogham shot on Tuesday and my dr. appt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    hmm, i wonder why they didn't just do an antibody check when they took my blood wed for the glucose test. 
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Options

imageMrs.Carlybella:
    hmm, i wonder why they didn't just do an antibody check when they took my blood wed for the glucose test. 

My OB said they need to do the antibodies test as close to 28 weeks as they can get it.  I had my glucose test the week before and then had to go in the next week for bloodwork. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"