Minnesota Babies
Options

Recommend your doc @ Fairview Riverside...

I've decided that Riverside is the hospital for us (thanks to it's close proximity and recommendations (and DH was born there when it was St. Mary's!))...

...but I don't know anything about their docs. So - recommendations please!

TIA!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Recommend your doc @ Fairview Riverside...

• Options

I delivered my older son there in 2004.

I used the Fairview Riverside Women's Clinic for my prenatal care, and saw their team of midwives and really liked them all. My favorite was John Eads, CNM. We thought it was weird they had a male midwife, but once we met him at an appointment of ours, we loved him. We were also lucky enough to have him as the on-call practitioner when we delivered the baby - he was FANTASTIC. A really really nice guy and fun to work with and very professional and talented. Great bedside manner. I highly recommend him.

https://www.fairview.org/ceii/provider/details.asp?provider=611266&address=5007114

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I'm currently going to Fairview Riverside Women's Clinic for my prenatal care, and will be delivering at the U right across the street when that time comes.  I'm seeing the set of midwives there, and so far LOVE them. 

They give you an option to see a midwife or an OB, and I chose to go with a midwife because I like the fact that they are more hands-on throughout your pregnancy and delivery.  If you do choose to go with a midwife there, you can opt to see the whole "set" of midwives, or stick with just one.  The reason they gave me for seeing the "set" was that one of the midwives is always on-call for deliveries, and when you go into labor, the one that is on-call will be there right away. 

The nurses are really friendly, and I've been called in as soon as I arrive to actually get in to see the Dr., no super long wait in the waiting room - something that annoys me a lot.  I've seen 2 midwives so far, and they were both really nice and informative.  I feel like my questions and concerns are being addressed, and they really care.

ALSO, I like the fact that going with the "set" makes it easier for me to schedule appointments around my work schedule because there are more people to choose from.  So far, I have had no problem getting really early, or later appointments. (7:45 AM  and 4:00 PM usually).  This makes it so much more manageable for me.

Sorry this is so long!  I hope it was some-what helpful for you.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your responses! I suppose I should call the women's clinic then, eh? :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely!
    Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"