Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Why do Gymboree clothes run so small?!?!

My DD is on the bigger side but not huge (15lb. 1 oz. and 25 3/4" at 4 mo. appt.) and she is already in 6-12 month size Gymboree clothes.  She only has about 6 outfits from there because they are on the more expensive side, but I bought her Easter dress from there and am going to exchange it today for a 6-12 month because when I tried the 3-6 month on her yesterday I thought I was going to have to cut it off her to get it off!
IMG_6388
Kylie 10/21/08
Twin Ectopic - lost left tube 12/29/10
Surprise BFP EDD 8/21/13

Re: Why do Gymboree clothes run so small?!?!

• Options
    Lol, they run big on Caroline. Except in length, they run true to her age.
  • Options

I love gymboree's clothes. I think they are sized right maybe a little big.  My dd wears 12-18 mo clothes and some of the 18-24 clothes are starting to fit her. (she's almost 21 months)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

who knows...your dd could stay in 6-12 clothes for along time too like mine did. It all depends on when they have their growth spurts!

• Options
    Do Carter's and Gap run big then?  I feel like she grows out of Old Navy and Gymboree the fastest, but maybe I am denial about her size and she just fits in the others longer because they run really big.
    IMG_6388
    Kylie 10/21/08
    Twin Ectopic - lost left tube 12/29/10
    Surprise BFP EDD 8/21/13
  • Options

My DD is in the 90th percentile for height and weight - she'll be 3 months on the 12th, and fits 3-6 month Gymboree clothing to a tee. Most of the stuff I bought for her early summer gear is 6-12 months. I find Children's Place to fit small as well.

They all fit so differently!

I find H&M to fit larger, Children's Place and Gymboree smaller, Gap & Old Navy fit bang on.

Those are just my observations though.

• Options
    PAGASPAGAS member
    F is 90th in height and weight and I have found Gymboree to run really true to size.  She has just started wearing the 3 to 6 months clothes.  They fit her really well.  Kissy Kissy is the only brand I have found that runs small.
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options

imageJenn478:
    Do Carter's and Gap run big then?  I feel like she grows out of Old Navy and Gymboree the fastest, but maybe I am denial about her size and she just fits in the others longer because they run really big.

Gap to me seemed right to me. I think Carters runs big but every baby is different. It really depends on their height, weight, body shape. With my dd she was so petite so everything was huge on her and then she had a huge growth spurt that put her in the 50th percentile.

I remember when she was in 6-12 her cousin who was 2 months older was in 2t.

Oh, and I just wanted to say your dd is beautiful!! I love her eyes!

• Options

imageJenn478:

My DD is just 21m and I am right in line with Kada...

Carters is perfectly true to size as well, and C is still in 18m but can wear 24m ones as well onesies and pants run REALLY big. I don't shop at ON or Gap.

C is 50% for weight and 90% for height.

• Options
    Gymboree run the biggest of all the brands.  My son is in 9m and 12m and he still has a Gymboree onesie that is size 6m that fits.  He also had a 3m Gymboree onesie that fit much longer than his other 3m clothes.  I find the same holds true for my 2 year old daughter too.  The Gymboree clothes always fit long after she outgrew other brands in the same size.

Kristen (7), Timothy (5), Robert (3), Charles (9 months)

• Options
    I've noticed everywhere but crazy8 run so small! or shrink so fast! In every store we're buying 6-12 and my daughter is 5 1/2 months, she's been wearing them for about 1 month already!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Mya Justine 9.29.08 - Brynna Claire 10.15.09

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a ton of Gymboree clothes and I have always thought they run true to size, maybe a little big.  DD is 4.5 months and is just now starting to fit into her 3-6 m Gymboree stuff.  She was tiny at birth, but is now in the 25-50th percentile for both weight and length.
    The little love of my life... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"