New York Babies
Options

baby shower locations in manhattan?

any suggestions as to where to host a baby shower in manhattan (besides alice's tea cup)?  prefer brunch or afternoon light meal.  probably around 15-25 people.  would like to keep the cost to less than $50 a head. 

Re: baby shower locations in manhattan?

• Options

Check out Portofino restaurant!  https://portofinogrille.com/

I suggest doing a brunch to lower your cost.  which is VERY suitable for a baby shower and sooo good! -everyone loves brunch!

I had my engagement party here many many years ago and i have been to two baby shower brunches here.. I think the look of the restaurant is perfect for a baby shower. they have one very small room (with a fireplace i think) for probably 10 people (or more), but it opens up to another small room.. so if you have 15 to 25 you can probably rent out both rooms which should accommodate you perfectly.  i would definitely check it out. Not sure how much they charge anymore, but worth asking. 

if your in the city i would go there for brunch (please have their stuffed french toast).

The only reason i had my engagement party there was b/c i went to a baby shower and fell in love. then had another baby shower after my engagement party.  I remember having a great experience with the hostess that took care of me and the staff. Even my husband was very pleased!  the best part is that it doesn't need much decorations b/c the restaurant is like a little fairyland -again, perfect for baby shower!

Great.. now i'm craving french toast and just called my husband that we're going there this weekend b/c the baby needs stuffed french toast lol!

• Options

I just went on to their website and their brunch is $40 per person and it includes one cocktail.

go to menu's / private parties / brunch... 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my friend's shower at Lady Mendl's as an alternate to Alice's tea Cup. The food and service were great and the location is adorable.
  • Options
    thanks i will look into those.
  • Options
    bricco  ask for nino....he is the owner. great food and great prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"