3rd Trimester
Options

Crib Assembly....no Instructions

Alright-I'm usually a lurker on here, but I have a question! I bought our crib pre-owned and am just realizing there are no instructions. It is a basic crib, and I went to the manufacturers website, however I was unsuccessful on finding the assembly instructions.

What other resources should I be checking? Hoping DH is going to be putting it together this week and I'm trying to save some frustration. TIA!!

Re: Crib Assembly....no Instructions

• Options

that would make me nervous. do you know how old the crib is?

everywhere i did research strongly recommended a brand new crib and car seat because it's not worth the risk.

• Options
    imagefunmaker:

that would make me nervous. do you know how old the crib is?

everywhere i did research strongly recommended a brand new crib and car seat because it's not worth the risk.

This isn't exactly what I read. We have a pre-owned crib from my aunt and we did the following safety checks to be sure it's okay.

-First, we checked online for any recalls of the product. (It sounds like since you have the manufacturer info you've already done this.)

-Second, we made certain that you canNOT pass a soda can between the rails.

-Third, we purchased a new matress.

As for assembly, we didn't find anything online--we just decided to wing it and it worked out fine!

Drew Isaiah: hypertension, induction, labor, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Owen Anders: labor (natural onset), failed VBAC, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ditto pp- we got a hand me down crib from a relative that was made by a company in another country that is now out of business.  needless to say, I bought a new crib- a discontinued pali style for $200- but still new.  I would call the company and check the current guidelines on jpma to see if it meets all of them.  this would make me too nervous.
  • Options
    We had this same problem this weekend. Fortunately for us, my sister was having a bunch of people over so my parents wanted somewhere to go.  My DH and dad got the crib put together with my mom telling them how to do it.  Thank goodness for that too because we would still be sitting there trying to put it together two days later.  I would recommend if you know anyone that could help or has done it before ask them for help. 
  • Options
    Have you tried contacting the manufacturer's customer service line? They could probably help you get a copy of the instructions.
    Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • Options
    It shouldn't be that hard to figure out how to put it back together. Just arrange the pieces logically, and, assuming your aunt gave you all the necessary hardware, it should be pretty self-explanatory. 
  • Options

I was lurking and am not quite 3rd tri, but thought I'd put in my $0.02.

We also bought a used crib without instructions. It's C&T International, which are nearly identical to Pali. So I downloaded Pali's instructions, which completely worked for our crib. If the manufacturer of your crib doesn't have instructions, then perhaps you can find instructions for a similar crib.

But really, we didn't need the instructions anyway. The crib was super easy and obvious to assemble; DH never even really looked at the instructions. The only part we had a tough time with (that was probably explained in the instructions) was how to get the drop-side rail in. We put the stationary side on first, loosened the bolts on the side of the drop-side rail, slid in the top of the rail guides, then pressed in the guides on the bottom of the rail. It was really easy once we figured out that the bottom guides pushed into the rail.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

awesome-thanks for the help! the crib is less than 3 years old; meets all safety requirements, etc. it's just been loved a little bitBig Smile

my main concern has been like PP-trying to figure out the drop down....but DH has a Masters...he should be able to figure it out!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"