Pregnant after a Loss
Options

twins = darker BFP?

If you are pg with twins, could you expect to get a dark BFP?  Silly question, but I'm curious!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: twins = darker BFP?

• Options
    I think blood levels (HCG) would be a better indicator of the potential of twins (see the website betabase).  And I think there are many factors that go into the darkness of lines.
  • Options
    Not always. I had really high betas...437 at 14dpiui and 1100 at 16dpiui and I am only having one baby!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think so.  The hpt just detects a hormone but does not have any way of measuring how much of that hormone there is.  In that sense they are qualitative not quantitative.  I think betas can give you a better sense of the potential for twins because that is quantitative. hth
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Pretty much everything I have read on betas indicates that they are not a reliable way to predict multiples. I also had very high betas this time around (like, in the triplet range on betabase) and there is definitely just one in there.

So, I would assume that the darkness of the line would not have anything to do with multiples either- PP is correct that they are qualitative, not quantitative. 

• Options
    There was no difference between the darkeness of lines in any of my BFPs.
  • Options
    imagetxbabs111:

Pretty much everything I have read on betas indicates that they are not a reliable way to predict multiples. I also had very high betas this time around (like, in the triplet range on betabase) and there is definitely just one in there.

Oh that's interesting!  I always thought betas would be more reliable but I guess not!  Good to know!

• Options
    The darkness of the line has absolutely nothing to di with it....with DD the line was instantly dark....really dark...with these 2 it took a few min to show up and was really light,,,,your HCG levels will run higher around 20dpo or so....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"