Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

relactation

Has anyone done this? after their milk drying up?  I didn't breastfeed in the beginning, stopped after a few days, because of some problems but am really hoping to start up again. I was reading up about it on kellymom.  Has anyone tried this, and what were your experiences.  I know within the first three months it is supposed to be fairly successful but just want to hear how any other moms and babies adjusted.
Alicia
Mom to Three Sweet Things
Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness

Re: relactation

• Options
    I haven't done it (no help, sorry) but wanted to say that I have a friend who adopted a baby and was able to breastfeed successfully and I wanted to wish you good luck!
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • Options
    I can't remember her screen name, but there is someone on the multiples board who just started doing this maybe 10 days ago. You should post over there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I believe Goats Rue is suppose to help with relactation. I would call a LC for advice. GL!
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Options

Don't know if this helps, but  i wanted to BF and due to having a c-section, baby not latching, having jaundice, and crying at the boob, i only pumped (and not often enough!)

So with the advice of my LC to build up supply again, she had me borrow a hospital grade pump (Medela Lactina) and pump every 2-3 hours around the clock (which i'm bad at the overnights!)

I'm also taking Feungreek and having to drink a lot of water.

I've seen a little bit of a boost so far in production.  DD would never get satisfied, but, i can give her a bottle a day (which is about 4 oz)

• Options
    Thanks girls that helps!!
    Alicia
    Mom to Three Sweet Things
    Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness
  • Options

I don't know why the link didn't show up before but I shortened it to see if it will show up this time.

thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/11290618.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"