Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Trying to make this short....

I live in a small town and my friends from high school run around with my brother's friends from high school. All of us have kids now except my brother and they all get together and have play dates and stuff like that. I NEVER get invited. I know it's because the one girl's husband is a total *** and doesn't consider someone a part of the group if they weren't "born bred a raised" in said county, stuck up asses. My husband wasn't. So we never get invited. Now it's never bothered me before. I still occasionally talk to the girls but not like everyday. It never bothered me until I started thinking about how DS will be going to school with all these kids. Makes me worry. I don't know about what. Just does. It also kind of bothers me because DS doesn't get to play with other kids his age. Like almost never. Plus I know that once my brother has kids, he'll get to be apart of this little group. I know I'm overreacting and I know it all has to do with low self esteem. Just someone please tell me something to make me feel better and like I don't need these people. Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trying to make this short....

• Options
    They sound like sh*tty, mean spirited, a$$holes. I would try to find other kids for DS to hang out with.
  • Options
    That's stuck up of them. Have you checked out meetup.com to see if there are other mom groups in your area?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Where do you find kids? All of my current more matured friends don't have any yet. I know, I sound so lame.
  • Options
    Where in Ohio are you? They sound like jerks!
  • Options

You need to find your own group of mommy/baby friends.  Try meetup.com or a local community center.  Try taking a baby swim class at the Y or a Gymboree class.  Ask around your neighborhood to see if there are other people with kids your son's age.  It may take a little while, but keep at it.  It often takes time to make connections with new people.

It sucks to be left out, but you can't make people include you.  The best you can do is just move on and find a more welcoming set of friends.

• Options
    Have you ever thought about hosting a playgroup and inviting them over to play with your son?  I hope they arent so childish to not invite you because your dh isnt from your town, but you never know...I bet you reaching out to them(except the b****h) may show your interest in being part of things.
  • Options
    Thanks, Maybe a baby swim class would be perfect. I'll start looking around and seeing what I can't find. Most of the group is pretty cool, just the one couple. I'll try. Thanks for the ideas.
  • Options

imagestephm0188:
    Where in Ohio are you? They sound like jerks!

About an hour North of Columbus. Marion/Mt.Gilead area.

• Options
    Yeah, they sound like real jerks - who wants to hang around with people like that anyway!! Try striking up conversations with other moms at the park or library. Or through church or work (or DH's work friends). Or sign up for a class with your son. Or start taking him to the same storytime every week - you'll get to know the other parents and kids faster than you think, and then it's easy to ask for a playdate.
  • Options

imagebeachlovinbride:
    Have you ever thought about hosting a playgroup and inviting them over to play with your son?  I hope they arent so childish to not invite you because your dh isnt from your town, but you never know...I bet you reaching out to them(except the b****h) may show your interest in being part of things.

This is what I was going to suggest. Have a party of your own and invite your non-baby having friends too!

• Options
    I grew up near there :) I'm in Columbus now though. I hope you can find some good activites. Start with the Y. Does Marion General offer a new moms group?
  • Options
    I don't know, I acutally work there and never even thought to look. Looks like I'm gonna be going to the Y. Good reason to get me off my booty anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"