Babies on the Brain
Options

the foster to own program (for the dogs)

At [company name] Retriever we want our dogs to be as happy and healthy as possible. To do this we look for secure family homes for our dogs to live in while they are not being bred. 5 of our dogs are enjoying their families at this time.
From time to time we are looking for such "family homes" to foster a puppy or dog (mostly females available). This allows you to receive a pup at no initial charge to you. You will be required to provide necessary maintenance for your pup as well as feeding a quality age appropriate food. This will be your dog .
[company name] will retain all breeding right. This will require you to not spay or neuter your dog. When in season you will be required to keep her away from other males to keep her safe from unplanned breeding. When dog retires you will have full ownership.
If you live within a reasonable distance from our kennel and would like to be considered for this program please contact us.
Yours in Christ, [owners names]

this made me cringe

Re: the foster to own program (for the dogs)

• Options
    They are pimping out the dogs... That is sick, and also makes me cringe!!
  • Options

"Yours in christ" bullsh!t.

If they're not showing the goldens (which they can't if they are living in other homes) then I highly doubt they're testing for genetic diseases as well (such as hip dysplasia).

Plus the shear amount of breeding stock they keep on hand is despicable.

How can anyone see this as a good deal?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    def. cringe worthy.
    this stuff pisses me off.
  • Options

UM... wow. I don't know whether to congratulate them on being creative or run screaming. Can you imagine the legal nightmares this program could become?

Poor dogs. I hope they are atleast placing them in decent homes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagepixy_stix:

If they're not showing the goldens (which they can't if they are living in other homes) then I highly doubt they're testing for genetic diseases as well (such as hip dysplasia).

Ditto. If they have so many dogs that they need to farm them out to other people to be able to afford them, they are running a horrible, shady, disgusting puppy mill. End of story. I sincerely hope that their "Christ" has a special place in hell for them because the Christ I believe in surely wouldn't condone that sort of animal abuse.

• Options
    imagepixy_stix:

exactly!

• Options
    I assumed they were goldens.  If they're labs, they deserve a special place in hell.  The world does not need any more poorly bred labs.
  • Options
    That is really sad...  Sad
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    poor puppies. Sad
  • Options

I too am wondering if this program is a cover up for either a puppy mill (trying to liquidate visible assets) or breeder going broke and trying to get other's to cover the dogs expenses and they make all the profit.

VERY SHADY and not at all good breeding practices. A good breeder would not have their dogs farmed out, out of their control through a foster to own program.

• Options

imageMrs_Liberto:

How to Chooe a reputable breeder? lol

• Options
    If I was the one who got poor Reba... after taking her home I would then file a order on the ass that runs that cruel mill and make sure Reba would never have to return!
  • Options

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have animals.

Oy with the poodles already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"