Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

stolen from 12-24: What are you reading right now?

I just finished Chage of Heart by Jodi Picoult.  Today, I just went to the library and I got books I wished I had read in high school:

The Princess Bride
The Bluest Eye
Night Trilogy by Weisel
something else I can't remember

Re: stolen from 12-24: What are you reading right now?

• Options

Not much of a reader these days...I've been simultaneously reading "It's a Boy" & "It's a Girl", which are collections of short stories written by female authors on mothering boys or girls, respectively. ??I read a story here & there when I have time...I just don't have the stamina for a novel!

What are your books about? ?The titles sound interesting. ?Is The Princess Bride the same one as the movie by the same title??

• Options
    I never read the Princess Bride, but it is one of my favorite movies.... I'm currently reading Atlas Shrugged again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah the Princess Bride is the same as the movie.  The Bluest Eye is by Toni Morrison - her first novel.  It is about a little black girl in 1940s who wishes she had blue eyes like the little white girls.  Night trilogy is really three novels about the holocaust (Night was Weisel's memoir of his time in the concentration camps - very haunting).
  • Options

imagefozzy923:
    I never read the Princess Bride, but it is one of my favorite movies.... I'm currently reading Atlas Shrugged again.

I almost got this one too, but I already had the four, and it was just too big!  But it is still on my reading wish list.

• Options

I can't remember the name of the novel I'm working on...it's been too long since I've picked it up :(

I am reading Parenting Love and Logic Magic and so far I like it.

• Options

I am reading : Pass the Nursing Entrance Exam and Get into Nursing School

Or something like that lol

• Options
    Oooh, she is my favorite author... she tends to be pretty wordy and reiterates her points - a lot.  I feel the same way she does on a lot of social issues and I know the books get very exciting, so it's easier getting though some of the slow parts (which can be a hundred or so pages... ouch)  I also loved the Fountainhead, but Atlas Shrugged a little bit more.
  • Options
    nothing! unless school books and scripting from my job counts... i need to find something i like to read, but one of my faves is cuentos de eva luna by isabel allende i love her! i think they make this book in english also!
  • Options

I'm alllllmost done with Snow by Orhan Pamuk. It was verrrrry slow but the end has picked up. It's supposed to be about a guy who goes to Turkey to investigate girls who commit suicide b/c their families made them bare their heads, but it was really mostly about politics in Turkey.

Next up is Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. I love her writing and can't wait to start this book.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"