Baby Names
Options

Possible twin girl names?

DH and I have had the hardest time with our twin girl names...we've come up with two that might work....

The first is a definite.... Mary Catherine (after DH's grandmother) and we will call her Macy.

Possibilities for the other....

Elizabeth Rebekah "Libby"

Sadie Rebekah

I'm not a huge fan of Rebekah, but it is my deceased grandmother's name and it would be a nice way to honor her. Sadie is my other grandmother, but DH doesn't really like it and he decided he liked Elizabeth (it's a little too common for me, but I do like Libby)....

As a Sarah myself, I'd prefer to have names that aren't overly common, but not crazy unusual...

Thoughts????

M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Possible twin girl names?

• Options
    I think Elizabeth Rebekah is beautiful (I love Libby too). I'm not a fan of Sadie.
  • Options

I'm not a huge fan of Rebekah either, but I really like the nn Becca (or Bekah with that spelling I guess). 

I think using Elizabeth and Rebekah together is a bit much though.  It doesn't flow too well.

If you're interested in a name that sounds similar to Macy you could use a "J" fn and a "C" mn and call her Jacey or Jacy.  Maybe Julia (or Julianna).  That doesn't use any of your grandmothers' names though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about Eli Rebekah? (just throwing something out there)
  • Options
    imageErica_H:

I'm not a huge fan of Rebekah either, but I really like the nn Becca (or Bekah with that spelling I guess). 

I think using Elizabeth and Rebekah together is a bit much though.  It doesn't flow too well.

If you're interested in a name that sounds similar to Macy you could use a "J" fn and a "C" mn and call her Jacey or Jacy.  Maybe Julia (or Julianna).  That doesn't use any of your grandmothers' names though.

oh please don't do macy & jacey...  gag

I think Elizabeth Rebekah is long, and would pick Sadie over the 2-  but I am also a firm believer in sticking with meaningful middle names and the length wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

I think Macy and Libby are adorable NNs

EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Options

i love the name Macy! 

i'm not a fan of Rebekah or Elizabeth...just nms.

what if you did another "M" name like - Morgan, Madison, Mckenzie....?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think both are great- Sadie and Libby. I slightly prefer Libby though, b/c it has a formal name as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls. I do think Elizabeth Rebekah is a bit long, but DH really likes Elizabeth (and he hasn't liked many names) and I'd really like to kep Rebekah. I'm a bit concerned about having too many "Y's" with Macy and Libby, but I guess they aren't too similar....
    M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like Elizabeth Rebekah. 
  • Options
    I like Sadie.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member

imagesdb421:
    Thanks girls. I do think Elizabeth Rebekah is a bit long, but DH really likes Elizabeth (and he hasn't liked many names) and I'd really like to kep Rebekah. I'm a bit concerned about having too many "Y's" with Macy and Libby, but I guess they aren't too similar....

It is a bit long, but who cares? You aren't calling her Elizabeth Rebekah every day. My parents hardly ever used my middle name. ?

• Options

I'm loving Mary Catherine and Elizabeth Rebekah. They just go together so well without being twin matchy. Sadie doesn't fit with Mary at all IMO.

I think your daughter will be unique if she goes by Libby. Most Elizabeths I know end up as Liz or Beth.

• Options
    I think Libby and Macy would be adorable twin girls!
  • Options
    I really like Sadie.  Have you thought about posting this on the multiples board also.  We loving giving suggestions over there also.
  • Options
    I love Elizabeth Rebekah NN Libby, so cute!  I love sadie, buuuut, its my dogs name Big Smile
  • Options

Let me start by saying I love classic, traditional names.  

I love Mary Catherine, but I do not like Macy for a NN.  Sorry, but that just ruins it for me.  I would never think to change Mary into Macy.  Sorry.

I love Elizabeth, but do think Elizabeth Rebekah is kind of long.  But do-able.  I like the use of family names for both girls so I say OK to use it.   Again, not a fan of NN - Libby.  I would chose a more traditional nn.  Sorry, just my style.

I don't like Sadie.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like Sadie better.  If you're naming one after a grandmother why not both?
    Oy with the poodles already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"