High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

First real sleep since hospital discharge!

Since being in hospital on BR for 42 days, I had my first real (more-than-5 hour) sleep here at home on bedrest. The nurses took vitals, docs did checkups, staff delivered food, the janitors cleaned the room, the assistants changed my bed and were continually in my room seemingly every minute in the 24 hours of every day during my stay (which definitely passed the time surprisingly fast).

Now here at home, I just have to take my meds every six hours after I measure my heart rate (for terbutaline). So after taking them at 12am this morning, I slept then woke up at 6am (which was harder than the nurse waking me), drank my Ensure and took my meds. I couldn't sleep right away but eventually did and didn't wake up until about 11:30am.

It was super! Although BR at home may be harder to pass the time without having the constant interruptions and distractions.

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: First real sleep since hospital discharge!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"