Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Vomiting and Diarrhea

So ds threw up yesterday a few times, in the late afternoon. He hasn't thrown up since about 5:15 pm yesterday, but had a little diarrhea today. He has slept more than normal and is definitely not himself. We are giving him pedialyte and bland foods, cheerios and saltines but he doesn't really want to eat anything. He isn't listless, just not his happy self.

Should we stay away from dairy today? Stick with things like banana, toast, etc?

If he throws up again I will call the pedi, but just looking for any advice from any moms who have been through this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vomiting and Diarrhea

• Options

Sorry he's not feeling well :(

I would stick with the BRAT diet and bland foods, and no dairy, just lots of fluids.  It's probably that yucky stomach bug that's been plaguing everyone for weeks.  Hope he feels better soon!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Docs usually suggest staying away from dairy as it can make vomitting and 'rhea worse.  If you have to, put half water, half milk.

GL!  I hope he feels better!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys, that is what I thought! It probably is the stomach bug, poor guy, it stinks when our little ones are sick!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"