Adoption
Options

AW: Attorney LOVED my profile!

I hope I can brag a little here, as I have no one to talk to about this IRL....many of our friends are , shall we say, not included in our "adoption  inner circle"for privacy reasons....no one but family even knows we are adopting. Anyway...DH and I met with our adoption lawyer yesterday and she loved our profile so much! I struggled emotionally with it as our precious dog passed away while I was working on it and he was in almost every picture I had in the past 10 years. He was a gigantic part of my life! So I bawled my way thru that obstacle and then stressed over the techno. part of doing the profile myself. We chose not to pay someone or enlist family who are talented in this area, simply because I am broke (!!!!) and I did not want to be a bother asking for free help from family.

So I spent a few weeks on this, took a private tutoring lesson from a computer geek and got some pro pictures done at Sears. Someone here ( sorry I don't remember who!)  suggested that Sears did inexpensive pics and I was thrilled with the result. I got my Make up done by MAC and had my hair done for free at the mall, trying to save where I could. The end result was so worth it!

My attorney was so impressed with our work, she actually said ours was the best profile she ever saw....I was jumping for joy!!!  I have a few minor things to re-do, but we are pretty much cleared and ready to find our Birthmom! I am going to set up ParentProfiles in the next few days and wait for that first phone call! OMG!!! This is really happening!!!SmileYes

WHAT'S IN MY CAMERA BAG: Canon 40D, 50 mm 1.8 prime and not much else yet! Learning to edit with PSE 8 AND LR 3. My real name isn't Tiffany, and I'm a photography newbie! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: AW: Attorney LOVED my profile!

• Options

Yea!!!  I finished mine a few weeks ago.  Like you, it was a labor of love.  It was fun and stressful the entire time!  I am sure you can empathize.

Do you have pics of your bio?  I'd love to see it if you are willing to share!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    Yea!!  Congrats on making it past one huge milestone!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"