Baby Names

WDYT of...

Naomi? DH isn't sold, but I've always liked it.

Re: WDYT of...

• I've really started liking that name because it's a character's name on Private Practice.  DH isn't fond of it either though.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Haha, go figure- I like Addison for a girl, too, and I love Private Practice & Grey's. Naomi has been one of my favorites for years, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like it!  If one of DH's ex's wasn't named Namoi, it would totally be on my list!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • its ok.  I think it is pretty, but it is really nms at all, and I would never use it.
  • imageJnJHud:
    Haha, go figure- I like Addison for a girl, too, and I love Private Practice & Grey's. Naomi has been one of my favorites for years, though.

Yeah for some reason I really like when Addison calls her Nay.  It just sounds like a beautiful name with a good nickname.  Maybe you should have twin girls and name them Addison and Naomi. Wink

Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • I had a boss named Naomi. Your DD will have to get used to NAY-omi and NIE-omi because everyone says it different. Her nn was Nome. I like the name!
  • It's pretty!
  • I thought of this one the other day. I kind of like it, but I agree with the pp that the pronunciation can be inconsistent - there are so many different options.
  • not a fan.... 2 reasons- people never seem to pronounce it right (some say NY-ome... some say NAY-ome... no matter how you spell it)... and i had a boss with that name that i didn't like much... and still just not a fan of how it sounds- sort of whiney/nasal sounding.
  • It's not a name I love or hate. It is nice and normal though. I like it.
  • I really like it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really like it.  It was on my short list, but it doesn't work well with our last name.
  • I think it is really pretty.
  • I can't wait to tell DH how well-received Naomi was by you ladies! The eternal high-school boy in him thinks that people will tease her with "i-moan." Geeeeez.
  • I don't like it very much.  I babysit a baby girl named Nyomi and she is the sweetest, cutest little thing ever so that makes me like the name a little more. :)
  • It's one of those names that sounds"hillbilly" to me.
  • its NMS, but its pretty
  • I really like Naomi... you don't hear it often....

imageEXL311:

imageJnJHud:
    Haha, go figure- I like Addison for a girl, too, and I love Private Practice & Grey's. Naomi has been one of my favorites for years, though.

Yeah for some reason I really like when Addison calls her Nay.  It just sounds like a beautiful name with a good nickname.  Maybe you should have twin girls and name them Addison and Naomi. Wink

I guess this is why I like it.... Addison is our #1 for our phantom baby girl and we love Private Practice & Grey's! Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"