Houston Babies
Options

*Great* Parenting! (aka I SUCK)

OK, so today as we were leaving gymnastics, I went to put K's shoes on and was having a hard time (we hadn't worn shoes IN because she was just going to have to take them right off anyway)....so anyway, I was trying to get her shoes on and for some reason they didn't seem to fit. But I knew she had JUST worn them earlier this week and they'd been fine. So I squished them on her (just assuming her feet were hot & sweaty from gym class and had expanded a little bit). I even commented to jamicanbride that they seemed awfully tight for some reason.

Off we went to the park for a little "picnic" (Subway) in the park. Then K and her friend G played for a while...then as we were getting ready to leave...K started FREAKING OUT about her shoe...and I thought she'd gotten one of those little pebbles (from the playground) stuck in it. I went and pulled off her shoe only to find that there were 3 blisters on her heel....and one had popped (probably what elicited the crying). Then I took off the OTHER shoe and lo and behold, 2 more small blisters! UGH! I still couldn't understand why on earth these shoes that were JUST fine less than a week ago were WAY too tight today.

She cried almost all the way home saying that her blisters really, really hurt. It was a legitimate cry, too. I felt really bad and kept apologizing...so much so that, in an effort to comfort me, she told me "it's not your fault, mommy". LOL

I put her down for a nap and notice near her bed....those same shoes. BUT in a size larger. Then it dawned on me....I'd FREAKING bought a second pair in a larger size because the first pair had been too small (about 3-4 months ago, mind you!) and I'd COMPLETELY forgotten about this. I felt SO guilty because it had indeed been ALL my fault.

Tonight, when getting into the bathtub she even cried because it stung. :(

I am THE world's worst parent today. :(  :(  :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Great* Parenting! (aka I SUCK)

• Options

Poor K!  Don't feel bad, though!  We all have those moments. 

The other day I thought Alex was being difficult because he didn't want to wear his Nikes.  He kept saying "No Nike shoes!"  And I kept trying to put them on him anyway.

Finally he told me they hurt his feet and I realized they were too small.

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh no! ?That could happen to anyone. ?I would feel terrible, too - but that's just one of those things. ?Hope she feels better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

awww, poor K!  but it was an honest mistake, don't beat yourself up!

• Options
    Oh no, poor Kendall Sad. I thought it was pebbles from the playground that was stuck in her shoe.  I hope the blisters heal quickly. I know you feel terrible but soon you'll look back on this and laugh....I'm sure that doesn't make you feel better, does it?  Minus the pain she might be in it's actually kind of comical that you've been putting the wrong shoes on her while the right size ones were sitting right.there.
    image Oh Joy to the World!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"