Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

A little freaked out...tmi

I had an induced delivery with a follow-up d&c 9 days ago.  My bleeding the first day was like a light to moderate period, and since then has been quite light.  For the past day or so I thought it might be going completely--haven't needed more than a panty liner.  Today, however, I had a bowel movement which I strained a little with (sorry).  I had some pain in the general area of my right ovary during it (nothing horrible though) and when I went to wipe there was dark red, obviously new blood.  It wasn't gushing, but there was quite a bit.  I still haven't noticed any heavy gushing or anything, and I'm not soaking a pad yet, but it's still scaring me.  I'm pretty sure I've seen on here some women who said they had relatively light bleeding for anywhere from 6-10 days post d&c, and then heavier bleeding...So can I assume this is at least not unheard of? Please? Tongue Tied

Re: A little freaked out...tmi

• Options

i have also been getting cramps that feel like sharp pains in my uterus or ovaries during "pooh time".  i just figured it was because pooh pushing is similar to labour pushing.  even before BFP my AF would appear in the morning when i made my first toilet deposit poop style.  and during my miscarriage clots would come out at that time as well which horrified me to no end, i mean it is bad enough that i was having to flush my baby down a toilet but to send it along with other waste was even worse.  i must be getting better emotionally because i so wouldn't have been able to type that a week ago.

i would think you are okay.  all the best and i am so sorry for your loss.

• Options
    I had minimal spotting after my D&C. About 10 days later, I started to bleed...AF type bleeding. It's completely normal. Its also normal to have some pain and bleeding when pushing for a bowel movement after a D&C. I took a stool softener for a little while after the D&C to not aggravate things when I had to...ahem.."go." It sounds like your body is reacting like most women. I'm sorry you had to go through this. Its so sad and scary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep normal. ?Don't worry. I had minimal bleeding 5 days after my D&C and then i did have a gush that scared the crap out of me. ?Doc gave me a drug called methergine (or something like that) and that helped slow the bleeding. ?4 days later, started passing huge clots and it SUCKED. ?I was scared. ?From posts on this board and others I have talked to, its normal. ?I am now spotting and its been 2 1/2 weeks. ?It blows but I think its normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"