Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Your ?'s about our Nursery

Hi - I saw that a few of you asked questions about our nursery, so I thought I'd make a separate post to respond.

About the Rocker!

It is really comfy.  The first time I sat in it I thought it was kind of firm, but once you are in it for a minute it's perfect.  I also figured the cushion will probably hold up much longer than something really soft and smushy! 

What sold me on this rocker instead of the gliders was the look and the cost.  I am not a fan of the style of gliders, they look old fashion to me.  Just my opinion!  Also, with this rocker I was able to pick everything out.  You can choose from 3 different styles, a bunch of different stain/paint colors, and a bunch of different fabrics.  You can even send him your own fabric.  You get all these options and the chair and ottoman cost us $364 with shipping!  To me, that was a great deal!  The other cool thing is the arm rests are washable and removable.  Can't say enough great things about the chair and the customer service!

How did you hang the lanterns? 

The lanterns are hung with fishing line and then just tacked into the ceiling with a simple white tack.  We did not put lights in them b/c we didn't want to have the electrical hazard above the crib. 

Hope this helps! I'm happy to answer any other questions.  Good Luck!

Re: Your ?'s about our Nursery

• Options

Thank you! I totally opened this post at random and then went "oh yay I asked about that rocker!" I actually just emailed him asking about fabric options (I know for sure I want the sleigh style in black, I think the same style you got).  I totally agree with you re: traditional gliders...so nms...but the big cushy upholstered rocking chairs are SOOO expensive! I love the look of these.

that is so cool that you can send him fabric...I may decide to do that since I am having our bedding custom made on Etsy.... I may just ask her to get extra fabric (whatever he needs) and then send it to him.   I wonder if it has to be a special furniture fabric since bedding is usually so soft/thin....

• Options

Maybe I should post this under my original post, too!?  I'll do that!

I hope the chair works out for you!  Frank from offyourrocker.ca is great, so I'm sure he'll help you figure out what type of fabric would be best.

Best of luck as you put together your nursery! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG, I adore your rocker!  I have been having the hardest time finding something I like, that was not in the $600+ price range.  I have a sleigh style crib so I think the sleigh rocker would look so nice (and I have typically HATED gliders with wood bases).  This place is a real find, thanks so much for the info.  I think I am going to look into getting the sleigh rocker in expresso finish and the off white upholstery, my nursery is yellow and white with cherry furniture so I think it would look great.
  • Options
    I love the glider and went on the website and saw that they only shipped within Canada? Is this still the case? I live up in Alaska so I'm not sure that would help me much but if he ships to the US now maybe I'd have a chance :)
  • Options

imagemrsjazzsinger:
    I love the glider and went on the website and saw that they only shipped within Canada? Is this still the case? I live up in Alaska so I'm not sure that would help me much but if he ships to the US now maybe I'd have a chance :)

I went in the website too and they do ship to the US.  I beleive OP lives in Chicago, so you should be ok. He sends the chair disassembled and I think can ship it through fed-ex.  Not cheap, I'm sure, but the price of the rocker is so reasonbable.

• Options
    Hi - Yes, like PP said he does ship to the US.  I live in Chicago.  I think shipping was just under $100. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"