Boston Babies
Options

Experience delivering at BWH?

Any thoughts on personal experiences delivering at BWH? Top OB doctors?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Experience delivering at BWH?

• Options

I will be delivering there within a month.  We had our hospital tour 2 weeks ago and it is very nice.  My only complaint is that the visiting hours are 1pm-8pm and they are very strict about it.  If you have your baby at 9pm, no one can come see you/baby until 1pm the next day.  The grandmas are not happy about that one...  You can have your parter plus one support person with you at any time though.

Dr. Phang is my OB and she has been really great so far.  She is located at One Brookline Place in Brooline.

• Options

You're going to find restrictions on visiting hours for everyone but the babies father at any hospital - don't let that influence your decision.

I highly encourage all of my really high risk mom's to deliver there a if something goes wrong then they have an amazing NICU and all of my clients babies that have been delivered there to high risk mom's have had really good outcomes.

Ultimately the OB to delivery the baby is going to be whose on call at the time - and you're probably going to get a resident if your delivery is normal as it is a teaching hospital but with a fellow or attending also present just in case. It's more important to have a good OB before labor and to have a good pediatrician for after the delivery.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered there last year and they let the grandparents visit after 8pm...and even let visitors up at like 10am the next day.  I was not too pleased as I was not expecting a crowd of people in my room that early!  But overall it was the absolute best place to have a baby- especially if you worry about something going wrong.  I spent 3 days in a delivery room and another 3 recovering and the staff was very plesant.

My husband loved the room service too!  He only complained about the outdated tv's! 

• Options

I delivered at BWH in July and had a great experience!

My OB was at the HVMA Kenmore office.  They do an OB/Midwife team.  I opted to have a midwife attend the birth, as I went without an epidural, and it was a great birth experience.  The nurses and staff in recovery were also excellent.

Also, my DD was a "mucousy baby", and there was some concern about her GI health since she threw up green the day after her birth.  We spoke with an excellent neonatologist in the NICU at BWH.  And, since Children's Hospital is basically connected to BWH by a hallway, they were able to quickly take her over there for an upper-GI study.  Thankfully, all her tests were good, but if there had been anything wrong, there wouldn't have been anywhere I'd rather be.

Good luck!

• Options
    imageCat-in-Boston:

You're going to find restrictions on visiting hours for everyone but the babies father at any hospital - don't let that influence your decision.

Not true - Newton-Wellesley does not have set visiting hours. I didn't like BWH. It felt like a factory to me, huge and impersonal. I delivered my first at Mt. Auburn and will have this one at NWH (due to a change in provider). I'm not high risk and don't feel the need ot be attached to Children's. Plus, getting into the city is a major PITA (we live in Watertown - not far, but still)and I just don't want ot deal with it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered there last August. It wasn't too bad. The shower stall door leaked all over the floor,but that was pretty much it. The food was pretty decent. I liked the visiting hrs because then it gives you time to yourself before people come to visit you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"