Houston Babies

Re: Poll:

• Options

I didn't care at all.  I just wanted a healthy baby.

I did however have a feeling it would be a boy.  A dream I had confirmed that feeling when I was very early on and the Dr. couldn't see anything in the sac.  She told me to come back in 10 days to confirm.  In the meantime she told me it was either too early to see the baby or it was a missed miscarriage.

Oddly enough, I wasn't really stressed out.  Somehow I think I knew it was OK.  Then a few nights later I had a dream of a little kids voice saying "it's ok mommy, I'm gonna be fine".  A couple nights later, I had a dream of me taking care of a baby in a blue onesie.  I have freaky esp like that and sometimes it really freaks me out, but sometimes it comes in handy.

• Options
    imageucalum93:

I didn't care at all.  I just wanted a healthy baby.

I did however have a feeling it would be a boy.  A dream I had confirmed that feeling when I was very early on and the Dr. couldn't see anything in the sac.  She told me to come back in 10 days to confirm.  In the meantime she told me it was either too early to see the baby or it was a missed miscarriage.

Oddly enough, I wasn't really stressed out.  Somehow I think I knew it was OK.  Then a few nights later I had a dream of a little kids voice saying "it's ok mommy, I'm gonna be fine".  A couple nights later, I had a dream of me taking care of a baby in a blue onesie.  I have freaky esp like that and sometimes it really freaks me out, but sometimes it comes in handy.

I had a dream about DS before he was born too.  At about 12 weeks pregnant I dreamed that he would be very early.  I even saw the neonatologist (who I had never met) in the dream.  A few days before he was born I saw him in my dream and I knew that he would be ok.

Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a dream when I was pregnant with DS also, before I knew he was a he :-).  There was a baby in something (can't remember) with a pink hat and I kept trying to reach for it but it got further and further away.  That is when I figured I was having a boy.
  • Options
    I was 100% sure we were having a girl the first time and when they said there was a penis I made them look again.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted a boy at first, then I had all these girl dreams and figured that meant something and was happy about it. I was so sure it was a girl when the tech confirmed it I just nodded. She said "aren't you excited?" I said yes, I just knew.
    Honestly I would find out ahead of time with the next one, because if it's a boy I'd need time to get used to the idea. I like the idea of 2 or 3 girls. I'm dissapointed because DH's job used to guarantee us girls (something about the time spent under pressure under water). Now that he can't do that we might be stuck with a boy. (which I would be happy with of course, but can cross my fingers it's a girl right?)
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I wanted a boy. ?I knew we were only going to have two children and I wanted at least one of them to be a boy. ?I'm not sure why. ?Both DH and I felt like the pressure would be off if we had the boy first and we were right. ?This time around I don't have a preference either way. ??
  • Options

imageaprilprincess:
    I wanted a boy at first, then I had all these girl dreams and figured that meant something and was happy about it. I was so sure it was a girl when the tech confirmed it I just nodded. She said "aren't you excited?" I said yes, I just knew.
    Honestly I would find out ahead of time with the next one, because if it's a boy I'd need time to get used to the idea. I like the idea of 2 or 3 girls. I'm dissapointed because DH's job used to guarantee us girls (something about the time spent under pressure under water). Now that he can't do that we might be stuck with a boy. (which I would be happy with of course, but can cross my fingers it's a girl right?)

This is why I am glad I found out first.  When we found out it was a boy, I was so scared b/c I have 3 nieces and a sister - I felt like I would be so unprepared with a boy.  Now that I have had time to get used to the idea - I am excited.  Just thinking of all the non-drama teen years gets me excited.  ;-)  lol.  If I waited to find out, I wonder how long it would take for me to get used to the idea - and that scares me!  I like being prepared!

imagesavannah11:
    I wanted a boy.  I knew we were only going to have two children and I wanted at least one of them to be a boy.  I'm not sure why.  Both DH and I felt like the pressure would be off if we had the boy first and we were right.  This time around I don't have a preference either way.

Now that I am used to the "boy" idea - I feel the same way.  Not that anyone was pressuring us for a boy - but I know DH really wanted one - and it is the first "grandson" on both sides.  Now, I feel like I don't really care what #2 is.  If it's a boy, at least I'll be prepared - and if it's a girl, we'll have one of each, so that will be fun.

• Options
    what's even weirder about this poll is we also talked about this today at a playdate (along with the bite size candy vs regular size bar). it's like you were there.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    First born, i didnt care. ?Second born, I hoped for a girl since 1st was a boy. ?Lets hope the u/s is right:)
  • Options
    I don't know what I'm having but I do know that I'll be very happy either way. There are reasons I'd really like to have a girl and reasons I'd really like to have a boy....but neither DH nor I want or prefer one over the other. On #2, we might say we would prefer the opposite sex of what we get in the next few weeks though. If that makes sense.
  • Options
    i chose "wanted a girl but after was glad it was a boy" but that isn't really the case. when i was 1st pregnant, i thought it might be more fun to have a girl. however, as soon as i found out it was a boy, i was so happy. it didn't change when he was born, but way before that. i am so completely in love with being a mom of boys!
  • Options
    I really wanted a boy.  DH is the last to carry on his family name so I wanted a boy so he could carry on the name.  Now that the pressure is off, I don't really have a preference for the second one.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

well, I chose "wanted boy but happy with girl" b/c that was the closest.  I didn't necessarily want a boy, I just expected a boy! (coming from a family so boy-heavy)

yeah, no mother's intuition at all over here!

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options

imageaprilprincess:
    what's even weirder about this poll is we also talked about this today at a playdate (along with the bite size candy vs regular size bar). it's like you were there.

Oh...you didn't see me eavesdropping in the corner??  Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"