Washington Babies
Options

Lied to my mom =(

Probably for the first time since I was a teenager!  We are traveling down to Portland tonight since my dad retires tomorrow, and I told her that DH and I have an extra present that we would like to give my dad for his retirement gift.  I told her he has to open it tonight since I don't want to make my brother feel bad at the party tomorrow (we went together and bought a gift certificate for him to buy golf clubs).  She then asked me what it was, if I could tell her, so I told her it was something from Things Remembered.

His (and really her's) real gift tonight will be us telling them about the baby!  I made up a box with filled with Snickers and Baby Ruth candy bars and a card inside that said "There's something even sweeter than miniature candy arriving this October"

I kind of want to bring out the video camera to record their reaction, but I think that may give it away too much.

My SIL already knows, and we have decided to tell both sets of parents this weekend (we'll tell his the same way on Monday at lunch).  Then I'm going to tell one friend up here when I get back from vacation, but then we're waiting to tell everyone else until after the first appointment.

Re: Lied to my mom =(

• Options
    What an awesome birthday present!  Cute idea.  I'm sure your mom will understand why you lied. :)
  • Options
    That is a totally justified lie!
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's a cute idea!!! We told my family at my dad's birthday dinner too! They were in total shock, lol, it was great! We made T-Shirts that said "Grandma to Be" and "Grandpa in Training". I can't wait to hear how your parents react!!!
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is a really sweet way to tell the parents! I can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • Options
    I wouldn't really call that a lie...more of cover up lol. But that is a really cute way to tell them! I wish I would have thought of a cute way to tell my parents. Can't wait to hear how they react! =]
  • Options

Cute idea!! You even told DH in a cute way. Creative you are! 

I didn't tell anyone in a cute way and wish I had. I was just like, "Hey, I'm pregnant." haha.

• Options

I would try to video tape it if I were you.  I REALLY regret not taping when we told my parents.

Maybe say you just bought a new video camera and thought this would be a good opportunity to test it out or something?!  I dont know...you can probably think of a much more creative way then that...

2 years 005 copy
    DD born 1/5/09.BFP-1/6/11 MC at 6 weeks
  • Options

I was able to tape my parents and dh's parents reaction by using the video camera option on my regular digital camera.  I just had the camera on the table and inconspicuously tilted it up while they were opening the presents!  I highly recommend doing it, I still watch them on occasion and just to aw them one more time...

my parents:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NWGMZ5FWMY  

Kellys parents:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48iGFFzQvMw 

Definitely try and tape them!! =) 

• Options

I think that is such a cute idea!

Also, FML, your videos are great!  I love how the moms caught on faster and immediately jumped up to hug you guys!! :-)

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    Just checked our small digital camera, but it doesn't record sound. =(  We're packing the video camera just incase I want to get it out at the last minute.
  • Options
    FML- Those videos are SO freakin cute! I wish I would have done that! Was that your Mom that started crying? Love it.
  • Options

imageJRS72206:
    FML- Those videos are SO freakin cute! I wish I would have done that! Was that your Mom that started crying? Love it.

yep that was my mom!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"