Pregnant after 35
Options

Egg Donor Use

By way of introduction, I?d like you to know that I am a woman who is over 40 years old and now pregnant (25 weeks).  After trying, unsuccessfully, to conceive, and going through fertility testing for at least 2 years, my fertility doctor suggested that the best chance for us to conceive (and the only way they would do IVF treatments at my age) would be to consider an egg donor.  Well, we decided to give it one last chance and finally went that route.

I am currently working on a research project, and would love to hear from anyone who has also used an egg donor, or considered using an egg donor but rejected the idea.  I?d like to hear your thoughts and experiences, and anything else you?d like to share on this topic (for instance, making the decision to go the donor route, selecting a donor, your IVF process, bonding with your baby ? before and after delivery, concerns about the process and about parenting your child, to tell or not to tell friends, family, or your child, etc.).

Recently, there has been a great deal of media attention on a woman who, through fertility procedures, now has 14 children.  I want you to know that this project is in no way connected with, and will not seek to exploit or serve as a critical forum for, that case.

I am merely someone who has been through this process, and has experienced all the hopes, fears, disappointments and concerns about the future of my family that many of you are now experiencing.  My hopes for this project are that it will serve as a sounding board for those of you who choose to share your feelings about being an egg donor recipient, as well as for me.  It may be especially helpful for those of you who have chosen not to discuss your decision with family or friends.  Maybe it will help, in some small way, for you to be able to share your thoughts with someone who understands.  The reason we are on this board is because we have all wanted to become parents.  We have a strong desire to bring into this world a child who knows it is loved and wanted so much that we would go to what many would consider extraordinary lengths to make that happen.

Your participation in this research will indicate your permission to accurately publish all or part of your story.  **Please know that I will not publish anything I read casually on these boards.  Only submissions made to the email address below will be considered for publication.**  All submissions will be kept anonymous and names will be changed in any form of publication.  Please submit your name (or alias, if you prefer) and location, along with your stories or thoughts to me by email at: lisasdonorresearch@gmail.com.  Or, if you prefer, I will personally conduct a confidential telephone interview.  Just send me a telephone number where you can be reached, your location, and the most convenient time to reach you.

Your contact information will not be shared with anyone.  If you decide, at any time, that you would like to be in contact with others who are going through the same experience, please let me know by email and I will be happy to either put you in contact with others who are also interested, or I will set up a forum for discussions.

Thank you for your time.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Lisa

Re: Egg Donor Use

• Options
    You won't get any responses here but check out mediabistro.com and look under Community and then "Sources for Stories"
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"